About this Role:
We are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join our dedicated and friendly staff team to support pupils needs within the classroom and on a 1:1 basis, working:
- 15 hours per week, working mornings Monday to Friday, term time only. This post is linked to pupil funding and will continue until the child leaves the school or the funding ends, whichever is sooner
- 22.5 hours per week - increasing to full time working, Monday to Friday, term time only working 1:1 with a child. This role will continue until the child leaves the school or the funding stops whichever is sooner.
Bedmond Academy is wholly committed to thinking outside of the box, providing excellent professional development for staff and delivering the best learning opportunities for all pupils. Bedmond Academy is situated in a warm and vibrant village with good access to local facilities. Whether you are local to the school or travelling from afar, the village is easily accessible from a number of main roads including the M25, M1, A41 and A414.
We were graded as 'Good' in our latest OFSTED inspection. This was our first inspection since we converted to an Academy and the journey the school has been on since conversion to an Academy was described as ‘outstanding’ by the lead inspector.
We are looking for candidates who:
· The post holder will work alongside teachers and other learning
support assistants who support the learning of pupils. Flexibility
by all staff is important in order to meet the varied needs of pupils
· Enjoy working with children and are interested in their development
· Have good knowledge and skills in literacy and numeracy
· Will work well as part of a team, working effectively with children, staff and parents
· Are flexible and willing to take on different challenges
· Are creative and resourceful
· Have enthusiasm and are willing to develop their practice
Prior experience in working with children either professionally or on a voluntary basis is essential. You will be well supported and appropriate training will be provided as required.
We can offer you:
· An excellent environment in which to successfully develop your career
· The guidance and support of an experienced Executive Principal, Principal, and staff teams
· The benefits of working collaboratively with colleagues
· An investment in your CPD and opportunities across the Aspire Academy Trust
The Trust can offer:
· An exciting opportunity to be part of an expanding organisation with high aspirations
· The opportunity to truly mould and grow alongside our planned organisational growth
· A strong learning environment, evidenced by our learning culture and our teaching school
· The opportunity to help drive the Trust, its employees and its practices towards future excellence
· Collaboration of good practice across the Trust schools
· Have a teaching school as part of the Trust offering excellent training opportunities
· The ability to progress with the Trust schools to leadership posts
· Free meal offered daily to all Trust staff
Closing date for applications: 6th October 2023
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed
The Aspire Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Our interviews will always include relevant questions relating to child protection and/or safeguarding. A satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) with a Children’s Barred List Check is required as a condition of employment. In accordance with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE), an online search will be conducted on shortlisted candidates to identify anything that may need further exploration with candidates. It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
At Aspire Academies Trust, we believe that all individuals are of equal value and we are committed to equal opportunities for all. All people who work and study in the school have the right to be respected and valued within a safe and secure environment and not to be discriminated against on the grounds of age, class, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation and religion or belief. To help us meet our high standards and aspirations of a fully diverse and inclusive workplace, we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply for this vacancy.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.