We are looking for an experienced Safeguarding and Attendance Officer who will take lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection across the Trust. They will take part in strategy discussions and inter-agency meetings, and contribute to the assessment of children. They will advise and support other members of staff on child welfare and child protection matters, and liaise with relevant agencies such as the local authority and police. In addition, they will responsible for improving attendance and punctuality by managing strategies to enable students to overcome barriers to learning, identify solutions and provide a support service to identified students.
We are looking for someone with:
- A high level of knowledge, skills and understanding around child protection and safeguarding
- Experience of working with different need types such as SEMH, ASC and MLD over an extended period of time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong solution-focused approach to issues
- The ability to work with and negotiate outcomes with other external professionals
- The ability to work in a demanding environment, manage workloads and meet deadlines
- Strong listening skills and the ability to deal with sensitive situations with integrity
- Has a clean driving licence and can provide their own transport
You will be part of:
- A dedicated team of staff who strive for excellence
- A caring and inclusive ethos
- A school which has supportive trustees and parents with high expectations of the school
In return, we offer a competitive salary, pension, a supportive team, training and development and the potential for career progression for the right person.
North Star Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.Apply Now
This job post has expired.