- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Maternity or parental leave cover (1 year)
- Grade 9 - £34,728 to £38,890
An opportunity has arisen for a Safeguarding and Attendance Officer (Maternity Cover) with a strong understanding of safeguarding in education. The successful applicant will have experience of safeguarding and liaising with external agencies. She or he will need to be able to develop relationships quickly and ensure that every necessary action is taken to keep the pupils in our schools safe.
The Hamwic Education Trust consists of 34 schools and is a growing Multi Academy Trust across the Southampton, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole areas.
The successful applicant will report directly to the Deputy CEO: Education. They will work as a member of the education team to improve the quality of provision in trust schools.
The role will require visits to schools, therefore flexibility around travel is essential.
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• High quality CPD opportunities and Training and Development Programmes
• An individual induction programme supported by a mentor
• Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52 weeks per year which increases with length of service
• Free eye tests up to the value of £25 for users of VDU equipment and contribution up to the value of £60 towards the purchase of glasses specifically for the use of display screen equipment (where all conditions are met)
• Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
• Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo and Portsmouth payroll
• Free confidential telephone and face to face counselling for staff and family members
Applying for the job
If you wish to apply for this position, please complete an application form which can be found at www.hamwic.org/vacancies/managed-services and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s will only be accepted along with a completed application form.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
About Hamwic Education Trust
The Hamwic Education Trust is the Trust for schools that form part of Jefferys Education Partnership, Edwin Jones Partnership, Ridings Partnership, Greenway Partnership, Mayflower Partnership and Hillary Partnership. The Trust and its schools offer unique opportunities for those individuals that excel in education.
We aim to deliver an outstanding education to our pupils and to do so we must employ outstanding people.
We offer a training pathway for all employees including teachers, support staff and our middle and senior leaders.
Our staff have opportunities to work on cross phase projects and to work in other schools within the Trust in order to gain invaluable experience and enhance their skills.