- Job role
- Key stages
- Early years, KS1, KS2
- Working pattern
- Full time
37 hours per week, Monday - Friday
- Contract type
- £44,450 (SCP 40) to £51,261 (SCP 46) p.a. dependent on experience
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Do you want to work in interesting and varied schools within a forward-thinking Academy Trust?
We are seeking to appoint a positive, determined and pastorally centred professional to be a safeguarding expert for our schools in Essex, Thurrock and Suffolk. As a Safeguarding & Family Liaison Lead you will be working as part of the national safeguarding team and be the first point of contact when issues arise for our schools in your area.
You will be:
• Experienced in safeguarding and have been a lead in education, early years or youth provision,
• Excellent and engaging in your communication to different groups of people.
• A people person with the ability to build relationships with school colleagues, professional partners, children, parents/carers and the wider community,
• Knowledgeable about best practice in safeguarding, able to quality assure safeguarding mechanisms and hold schools to account,
• Able to identify strengths and weaknesses in practice, and create and monitor support plans to achieve improvement,
• Able to work sympathetically and sensitively with all those affected by issues of safeguarding,
• Understanding of the needs of children and young people, particularly those with complex emotional, social or medical needs and behavioural difficulties,
• Able and willing to travel around your region as required, and occasionally across the Trust, to work in and with REAch2 schools.
We can offer:
• A varied and rewarding role where you make a difference every day,
• The benefits of being part of the forward-thinking REAch2 Academy Trust - one of the most successful primary Trusts in the country,
• A wide range of professional development opportunities and the opportunity to work with some of the best educational professionals in the country,
• A flexible work location (home based, with daily visits to different schools)
• Very competitive salary,
• Membership of the generous LGPS pension scheme,
• 28 days’ paid holiday (rising to 31 days after 5 years’ service).
As part of REAch2 employee benefits we also offer an eye care scheme, access to an Employee Assistance Programme for you and your immediate family and membership to ‘perks at work’.
This job post has expired.