- £37,350 - £46,636 FTE (depending on experience)
Safeguarding Lead job summary
Location: Hybrid working from Home / Head Office at Bakewell / Derby Cathedral School / other schools within the trust .
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and successful safeguarding leader to join Derby Diocesan Academy Trust’s (DDAT) central team.
The Safeguarding Lead will oversee all safeguarding matters across the Trust and will be the first point of contact for our schools. Working within a growing Trust you will have the opportunity to eventually lead DDAT’s Central Safeguarding Team, reporting to the Deputy CEO and with a wider accountability to the executive board and to Trustees. The purpose of the role is to provide expert leadership for centrally-driven and Trust-wide safeguarding practice, providing a high level of quality assurance and accountability for keeping all DDAT children safe so that they can learn, thrive and lead successful lives.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance in relation to working with, and the protection of, young people.
• Has expert safeguarding knowledge.
• Has relevant experience in quality assurance and compliance regarding safeguarding matters.
• Can demonstrate capacity to contribute to the ambition we have for all our schools to become outstanding.
• Shares our ambition for achieving a consistently high-quality education for all our children and young people.
In return, DDAT will offer you:
• An opportunity to work as part of a supportive team and empower you to further develop the Trust.
• A competitive salary and pension contributions.
• Ongoing high quality professional development opportunities.
• Benefits including but not limited to; Head Office free onsite parking at Bakewell or Derby Cathedral School, Cycle to Work Scheme, free eye tests and a contribution towards a pair of glasses for employees using VDU’s, Employee Assistant Programme & an opportunity to work flexibly.
Please refer to the closed Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
All applications must be made on the DDAT application forms. Please email your completed application forms to HR@DDAT.org.uk.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role please contact Jo Harris, Executive PA to CEO and COO on 07712 530864.
DDAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The successful candidate will be required to register to the DBS update service annually, the full cost will be reimbursed by the Trust. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 July 2022 at 12noon
Interview dates: Week commencing 18 July 2022
Applying for the job
Please download the DDAT application forms and submit them to HR@ddat.org.uk by the closing date.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.