Safeguarding Officer, Term Time plus 5 additional days, Monday - Friday, 37.5 Hours Per Week, 8am until 4pm.
The King's Academy have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our Student Support Team to help provide daily welfare and safeguarding support to students and their families. As a school committed to ensuring every student’s best possible life opportunities, we seek a Safeguarding Officer with additional responsibility for Early Help. As a non-teaching member of staff the Safeguarding Officer would be required to triage concerns from students and teaching staff that occur throughout the day
This is a key post within the school which requires dedication and a highly efficient and responsible approach, providing support and guidance to the staff and students on a range of administrative functions.
The post holder will provide support to vulnerable students as well as implementing clearly articulated policies and procedures that ensure all students succeed and thrive.
We are looking for a team member who:
- is a people person;
- effective listener;
- can communicate effectively with students and families;
- competent in dealing with parental queries and the handling of sensitive information;
- be able to maintain an atmosphere of calm control in an emergency situation.
We have high expectations for our students as they grow and develop and all our staff provide important role models to them in terms of positive attitude, work ethic and diligence.
Further information is available in the job description and person specification.
Join us and in addition to working with committed and helpful colleagues, the Trust can offer access to the following benefits:
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free parking
- Employee centred and family friendly policies and practices that support you in and beyond the workplace
- Enhanced sick pay, maternity leave and paternity leave (dependent on length of service)
- Competitive holiday entitlement for support staff (minimum 25 days, plus bank 8 holidays per annum, pro-rated for part-time post-holders)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Funded eye tests and glasses for DSE users (subject to T/Cs)
The King's Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. Where the post is engaged in regulated activity, and/or an opportunity for contact with children the position will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. In addition, as part of the shortlisting process, and in accordance with statutory guidance, we may carry out an online search (for publicly available material) to help identify any incidents or issues that have happened which we may want to explore with shortlisted applicants at interview.
The King’s Academy takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.
This job post has expired.