Ark Globe Academy, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£21,231,.00 to £21,612,.00|
The School Administrator/Receptionist is the first point of call for visitors to the Academy. As the ‘face’ of the school the receptionist will be welcoming, personable, helpful and able to represent the school in a professional and friendly manner. In addition, it is essential that the person for this role is organised, able to multitask, work flexibly and have a ‘can do’ approach. You will also assist with general day to day admin tasks which therefore require a good level of IT skills.
Essential educational requirements
• To ensuring the safety and security of the academy at all times and communicate effectively with the academy security guard
• To provide a comprehensive and seamless administrative support service in order to ensure the smooth running of the academy.
• To act as the first point of contact for the academy; welcoming visitors and answering any incoming calls. Ensure that appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
• Maintaining and updating school information, records and databases
• To input student data and assist with administering and managing attendance records.
• To act as the academies receptionist, providing a first point of contact for all incoming calls to ensure that they are answered in a timely and professional manner
• To ensure that all calls are correctly routed to their intended recipients, or an appropriate member of staff, to assure a quick and effective communication system
• To greet visitors to the reception area as required, ensuring that visitors are welcomed into a friendly, professional environment
• To log telephone calls and ensure that relevant information is passed on in a timely manner
• To listen to the school’s voicemail, recording all messages and ensuring that they can be dealt with by an appropriate member of staff in a timely manner
Essential skills and experience
• To ensure that key information is available at the main reception, i.e. up-to-date telephone list, vehicle driver registration list
• To ensure that relevant information / literature is available in the reception seating area, i.e. times of the academy day, academy prospectus, newsletters, etc
• To ensure that the reception diary is updated regularly, i.e. with visitor details
• To ensure that the receipt of deliveries is communicated to the relevant individuals in a timely manner
• To ensure that internal and external perceptions of the academy are managed and protected within favourable boundaries, maintaining confidentiality wherever appropriate. The role holder will need to liaise with colleagues and external contacts at all levels of seniority with confidence, tact and diplomacy.
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||1243 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ark Globe Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Ark Globe Academy
At Ark Globe Academy we have the highest aspirations for all our children to ensure they are prepared for university and inspired to be leaders in their community. We offer our students a first class education based on high quality teaching and experiences outside of the classroom.
Harper Road, London, SE1 6AG