School Bursar, Glebe Farm (all through school)
Inspiring Futures Through Learning, Milton Keynes, MK11 4BA
This job expired on 7 July 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 September 2022
7 July 2022 at 12pm (midday)
28 June 2022
About Inspiring Futures Through Learning
- Trust type
- Multi-academy trust
- Contact email
Operations and Project Manager
NJC Scale Point F
Purpose of job
To maintain a rigorous oversight of school budgets, accounts, processes and transactions to ensure that financial advice provided to inform management decisions is accurate, up-to date and in conformance with all relevant internal and external regulations and standards. This will include working under the line-management of the Operations and Project Manager with additional instruction from the Trust Financial Controller to provide a robust and effective financial function for the school.
• Take responsibility for the school’s financial relationships with external bodies and ensure such functions as reporting, accounts payable and receivable, banking, CFR returns, grant applications, school fund, leasing, special event finances, year-end accounts etc. are managed in a timely and professional manner and in conformance with agreed terms and conditions.
• To provide timely authoritative financial advice to the Headteacher and wider
management team in relation to budget setting, best value, procurement, internal and external regulations and, where appropriate, income generation.
• To maintain and monitor the delegated budget and income at Glebe Farm School.
• Assist the Headteacher and governing body with income generation activities.
• To champion best practice and ensure that administrative colleagues working within the finance systems are performing their duties diligently.
• Manage the administrative and financial processes within the nursery.
• To assist in non-financial administrative functions when requested by the Headteacher.
• To engage with the wider Trust Finance Team and work collaboratively across Trust schools.
Day to Day Management
• To be responsible for processing all accounts payable invoices, ensuring suppliers are set up on the system, and to deal with all associated queries.
• To process all company credit card expenditure ensuring that card holders keep all appropriate paperwork.
• To prepare BACs file for onward approval
• To be responsible for cash collected on site being receipted, reconciled, stored securely and banked regularly.
• To be responsible for ensuring the inventories of equipment and stock are maintained.
• Manage appropriate service contracts, service level agreements and school licences and insurance within the Financial Scheme of Delegation
• To ensure that Balance Sheet codes are reconciled at least monthly; bank, debtors, creditors and payroll.
Budget Monitoring and Reporting
• To maintain and monitor the school budgets and financial statements using the Access (HCSS) accounting package and Budgeting software.
• To provide regular reports on income, expenditure and balances to the Operations and Project Manager and delegated budget holders to ensure that all funding is identified and monitored in an effective and efficient manner.
• To support in the payroll process, monitoring of changes and reporting monthly on variations and any explanation; working with the wider Finance Team and Leadership to support in a well monitored, controlled budget.
• Support on the monthly management accounts production as well as providing supporting documentation for the Year-End Audit.
• To provide information and support to the Operations and Project Manager and School Leadership to assist setting of annual budget for the School. This will involve working with the Leadership and providing details of all regular payments e.g. utilities, subscriptions and regular maintenance contracts.
Administrative and Financial processes within the Nursery
• Administration in regards to Nursery Registration and admissions including bromcom database and hard copy files.
• Manage and administer Starter packs.
• Complete and maintain the funding (Estimates and Actuals)
• Prepare and process invoices.
• Process Leavers.
• Ensure policy and Terms and conditions are kept updated.
• To ensure that the school is compliant against financial policies and processes.
• Deal with the internal and external audit on a regular basis
• Input all data in an effective and efficient manner to ensure that the Operations and Project Manager is able to provide the SLT/Central Trust Team and Trustees with a range of financial and budgetary information as required.
• To work with the Trust Financial Controller to maintain an effective financial system with regards to internal control.
• To work with the Operations and Project Manager, Trust Financial Controller and CFO to ensure that all information and reports required by ESFA are prepared and submitted as required.
Generic Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand the implications of GDPR and other legislation and ensure that there is provision to maintain confidentiality of records and information
• Be aware of and adhere to relevant Health and Safety regulations
• To undertake any other duties as requested by the Operations and Project Manager and Trust Financial Controller or School Leadership; these duties may change from time to time without changing their general character or level of responsibility
• Responsibility for development of robust and transparent financial and supporting administrative systems throughout the school.
• Budget monitoring for school including school fund, ring-fenced monies and other holdings.
• Responsibility for financial risk assessment and data security.
Schools benefit from a flexible approach to working arrangements – because of this, the tasks and responsibilities listed here are not definitive. Head Teachers may require particular additional duties to be undertaken to suit the specific school’s requirements and these may be incorporated in the role requirements as long as they are at a similar and appropriate level to the other listed duties.
Review of Performance
Performance Management reviews will focus on the post holders’ responsibilities. There is recognition that however good we are at our jobs; we should embrace the notion of ‘continuous improvement’.
Code of Conduct
Glebe Farm expects all staff to ensure that their standards of conduct are, always, compliant with the IFtL Code of Conduct.
Generic Responsibilities of all Glebe School Staff
• To work consistently to uphold School and Trust’s belief that no child is born to fail.
• To exemplify and uphold the school’s vision, values and ethos at all times particularly with regards to children’s wellbeing and emotional development.
• To follow all school policies
• To work in a co-operative and polite manner with all stakeholders.
• To work with children in a courteous, positive, caring, and responsible manner always.
• To follow the child protection procedures. To ensure that children’s safety and wellbeing is never compromised
• Demonstrate a keen interest and involvement in all aspects of school life
• To be polite, cooperative, and positive when communicating to other staff.
• To take an active and positive role in the school’s commitment to the development of staff, and their annual review procedures.
• To work with visitors to the school in such a way that it enhances the reputation of the school.
• To seek to improve the quality of the school’s service.
• To present oneself in a professional way that is consistent with the values and expectations of the school.
Inspiring Futures Through Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All employees are expected to share this commitment, to follow the Trust’s safeguarding policies and procedures and to behave appropriately towards children at all times, both in work and in their personal lives.
All school-based posts are defined as Regulated Activity and therefore this post is subject to an Enhanced with Barred List Criminal Records Bureau check.
About Inspiring Futures Through Learning
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Milton Keynes