School Business Manager (Part Time - 22.2 hours per week)
Peak School, High Peak, Derbyshire
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||£21,760 to £23,702 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are looking for an excellent School Business Manager to successfully manage the business administration of the Academy and to ensure the business management function supports the educational aims of the Academy and the MAT. The successful candidate will have proven Business management experience in a senior or middle management position, Experience of working with or for a school, academy or in a business support function. You will also have experience of managing budgets, financial systems, accounts and line management of staff teams and projects.
• Be responsible for strategic financial planning for the Academy in consultation with the Headteacher, Governors and MAT.
• Report on financial, budget and compliance matters to the Headteacher, Local Governing Board and the MAT as and when required.
• Implement and maintain accurate financial systems and procedures in the Academy, monitoring both income and expenditure, alerting the Headteacher and the MAT of issues or concerns.
• Ensure the Academy operates financial systems and controls in accordance with the MAT’s financial regulations, procedures and timescales.
• Undertake appropriate procurement for the Academy, in accordance with the MAT’s financial regulations and procedures.
• Undertake timely and accurate payroll management and any pension related reporting, in liaison with the MAT payroll provider and MAT HR Manager.
• Provide HR assistance and advice to the Headteacher and Academy staff, in line with Academy and MAT policies and procedures, taking advice and support from MAT HR Manager where appropriate.
• Plan and manage change in accordance with school development planning.
• Support the planning, management and maintenance of the Academy facilities, ICT and buildings in accordance with compliance and budgets.
• Manage minor capital projects for the Academy.
• Ensure appropriate levels of risk management, fire prevention, health and safety and security within the Academy.
• Actively explore opportunities to obtain donations, grants and additional funding streams for the Academy, writing bids with successful outcomes in liaison with the MAT.
• Attend and contribute to senior management, leadership team and appropriate governing board meetings.
• Lead on whole Academy compliance in liaison with the MAT, including premises management, health and safety, education trips and visits, data protection, GDPR and other relevant matters.
• Lead on and/or contribute to cross-MAT business management initiatives or projects as required.
• Update non-education policies as required.
Essential educational requirements
• Business management experience in a senior or middle management position
• Experience of working with or for a school or academy in a business support function
• Managing budgets, financial systems and accounts
• Line management of staff teams and projects
• Procurement and gaining value for money
• Management or professional qualification (in a relevant discipline)
Essential skills and experience
• A demonstrable, passionate commitment to improving the lives and opportunities of children and young people with special educational needs and challenging behaviours
• Proven leadership and decision-making skills
• Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent numeracy, literacy and communication skills, with the ability to liaise with and influence a wide range of stakeholders
• Excellent ICT skills - MS Office products, finance packages and other software
• Knowledge of relevant legislation (employment, information management, health and safety etc.)
• Ability to work with tact, diplomacy and discretion and maintain confidentiality
• A professional, pragmatic, and risk-based approach
• Ability to develop effective teamwork and promote and maintain effective relationships
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and remain calm in a pressurised environment
• Full driving licence - ability and willingness to travel
Benefits include; Local Government Pension Scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible working and free parking.More on how to apply
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||60 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Peak School website (opens in a new window)|
About Peak School
Buxton Road, High Peak, Derbyshire, SK23 6ES