School Business Manager
6 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
27 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
21 February 2023
- View all Part timejobs - e.g.
Full-time equivalent salary
- £41,496 - £44,539
- £31,367 - £33,668
- NJC Grade 12, Point 35-38
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and inspirational School Business Manager who is forward-thinking with the passion and commitment to build on the impressive achievements of our school and act as a driver for further improvement. The post is a permanent contract to start as soon as possible and will be an interesting, varied and an exciting balance of operating and developing the school’s finance, administration and HR alongside running the premises and overseeing Health and Safety.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team within a very collaborative working environment in which they will feel valued and can thrive and lead a team of 5-8 support staff.
The current SBM is starting phased retirement by significantly reducing her hours, so the new post holder will have the opportunity to work alongside her for 1 day a week as part of a succession plan.
To be successful, you will need:
- Extensive leadership, financial and HR experience as well as management of areas including Premises, Health and Safety, Administration and Facilities
- To manage own time and workload effectively and have good problem-solving skills as well as attention to detail
- A recognised qualification or a willingness to work towards a qualification with support from the school, e.g. working at national occupational standards (NOS) in business/administration and knowledge/skills equivalent to current national qualifications level 4-6 in School Business Management. A finance or HR qualification would be advantageous
- The ability to operate strategically, lead, value, inspire and motivate others as well as demonstrate flexibility, teamwork and have a commitment to the school values and mission statement
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with different stakeholders and service providers
- The courage to deliver change and can demonstrate significant past success
What the school offers its staff
Queensway Primary School is a happy, inclusive and creative school where children thrive and where innovation, initiative and creativity are encouraged. Our children are exceptional and keen to learn and all members of our school community are valued.
- Well behaved children who have a love of learning at our school
- A friendly and supportive team with high morale
- A very well resourced and attractive environment
- A strong ethos of high expectations and challenge for the whole community
- Excellent professional development and career enhancement opportunities
- Excellent induction and a support programme for all staff new to the school
- A chance to work in a diverse, inclusive and vibrant community with excellent transport links
Further details about the role
If this role sounds like the job for you and if you would like any more information, please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Horbury-Jakeman, Headteacher on 01295 251631 or by email at email@example.com to arrange a visit or an informal telephone conversation. When you visit the school, you will see first-hand our excellent facilities and feel how welcoming Queensway School is.
Application packs are available to download from this advert, by email or from the school admin office.
CVs alone will not be accepted
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 260 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Queensway School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 428 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Queensway School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01295 251631
At Queensway School, our children enjoy learning and strive to do their very best. Our staff are talented and dedicated people who work extremely hard to ensure all children reach their full potential and leave Queensway as rounded individuals. Parents and Governors work in partnership with us to provide a lively, stimulating and caring environment. Together we teach children new skills and develop their knowledge, using the latest technology and in ways that are fun. We have very high expectations of all our pupils, both in their work and behaviour. Queensway is set in beautiful grounds with an extensive outdoor environment to play and explore, such as nature and dedicated Forest School trail and adventure playground. We encourage our children to learn outdoors, building in problem-solving activities at every opportunity. The school also has an outstanding record in sporting participation and achievement; we are proud of the way our children compete in local and regional events with considerable success. Queensway was last inspected in June 2022 and we were very pleased to continue to be judged as 'Good'. At Queensway we place children at the centre of all we do and each child is valued and treated as an individual.
Arranging a visit to Queensway School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Oxfordshire