- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Full time
Full-time 35 hours per week to be worked on an annualised hours basis
- Contract type
- Grade 8 scp 31-35 = £34,728 - £38,890
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a School Business Manager to work at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School who will also collaborate with colleagues at other schools within the Trust. The Trust, in conjunction with the Local Governing Bodies, is seeking to appoint an individual who has the experience, motivation, enthusiasm and skill set to work in partnership with the Headteachers and other stakeholders to help lead the future vision and development of the schools and the Trust.
We are looking for a strong candidate who can provide excellence in all aspects of school administration. The role involves management of finance, aspects of human resources, health and safety, site management, ICT, contract and procurement management.
The main duties of the role are:
To manage school support staff, to include the Site Manager, Office Manager, Finance and IT support and including coordination and delegation of relevant activities.
To work collaboratively with all staff and parents in order to ensure pupils achieve the best possible outcomes and support pupil well-being.
To work with Trust staff and colleagues in other schools in the Trust to ensure consistent standards and business processes, service continuity and continuous improvement in all aspects of support.
To be responsible for leading the school support function on behalf of the Headteacher working closely with the SFO in relation to the Trust.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of academy finance and managing budgets
• Have management experience across multi-disciplinary teams
• Have excellent communication and organisational skills
• Be able to manage their own time and workload effectively
• Have the right personal values, attributes and interpersonal skills
• Be able to manage and lead teams and be a strong team player
• Be able to work in successful partnership with all stakeholders and support the Trust’s vision
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and therefore, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Please note that whilst the successful candidate will be appointed to a particular school within the Trust, the Trust reserves the right to deploy staff at any of its schools depending on need, where agreement is reached with all parties.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- School size
- 842 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
About Saint Paul's Catholic High School
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work within a welcoming and enthusiastic environment with wonderful children, supportive staff, governors and parents
• Close links and group support from three other schools in this forward thinking Catholic multi-academy trust in this exciting time in our development
• An opportunity to be part of a team of dedicated, talented and hardworking individuals
• Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme which is one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of 18.5%
• A true commitment to Continuing Professional Development with access to a library of on-line training courses and fully accredited qualifications and opportunities to access other relevant paid training.
• A range of employee benefits which support your well-being that includes:
o A confidential Employee Assistance Programme which is extended to members of your family
o A Health Cash Plan which is paid for by the Trust and gives access to a range of benefits which include covering the costs towards optical, dental, alternative therapy treatments, health screening and discounted gym memberships and a large range of retail discounts. Some benefits are also available to family members
o Flu vaccination clinics
o Eyecare Vouchers
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Arranging a visit to Saint Paul's Catholic High School
The Trust comprises of four schools: Saint Paul’s Catholic High School, St Anthony’s Catholic Primary school, Ss John Fisher and Thomas More Catholic Primary School and St Elizabeth’s Catholic Primary School. Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with the Headteacher and/or Strategic Finance Officer. Please contact Mrs Holland (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make arrangements.