Our beautiful rural school is looking for a new caretaker who will take care of our school buildings and keep our school site safe. We have a fantastic, friendly staff and wonderful children who love coming to school. This is a great opportunity for an individual who is enthusiastic, hardworking and able to manage time efficiently to ensure jobs are completed in a timely manner. We welcome both experienced and new to role caretakers as we offer training.This is a highly valued and responsible position under the professional direction of the Headteacher.
We are looking for
- An exemplary caretaker,
- Inspired with passion and ambition, an energetic, creative and committed professional,
- An optimist with a can-do approach,
- Locking and unlocking of premises and key holder responsibilities. Some evening and weekend work,
- General first line repairs and maintenance and caretaking skills. A good range of DIY skills for example decorating and plumbing,
- Ability to manage contractors,
- Routine Health and Safety checks as required by legislation. For example COSHH, fire, asbestos, legionella and asset register.
- Responsible for the regular checking and operation of systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security systems,
- A flexible approach to their work and ability to work independently,
- Good record keeping skills, a good standard of written English,
- Some cleaning duties. The successful candidate will be required to undertake other manual duties,
- A role model who sets high expectations and establishes productive working relationships with pupils and staff,
- Committed to achieving high standards.
We will offer you
- A comprehensive induction programme,
- A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
- Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
- The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
- Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver site services and delivery,
- School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
- Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
- Free 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Program to help maintain a healthy work/life balance,
- On-site parking,
- TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
We strongly encourage a visit to our school to be made prior to the application
TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
Access to interview – should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist, we will.
Stapleford Abbotts Primary Academy is committed to the protection and safety of its students and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS, Bared List and two reference checks as part of the Schools Safeguarding Procedures. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post in accordance with the Immigration Act 2016
This job post has expired.