Come and join the friendly team at Roundwood Primary!
Days/Hours: 3 per week
Friday 3/3.30pm to 6/6:30pm (term time only)
Purpose of the role: To undertake cleaning duties at the school.
The cleaning team as a whole are responsible for maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the school, with each cleaner being responsible for an area of the school.
Main areas of responsibility:
Cleaning of designated areas (classrooms, offices, receptions areas, dining room, school hall, toilets etc.) to ensure they are kept in a hygienic condition including:
- Vacuuming and cleaning floors using appropriate cleaning solutions including the use of powered equipment
- Dusting and polishing furniture and other surfaces
- Cleaning walls and other paintwork, tiling and mirrors
- Emptying and cleaning waste bins
- Cleaning toilets, sinks and basins
Skills / Knowledge / Abilities:
- Ability to carry out general cleaning duties
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Ability to manage time effectively to complete tasks to a high level.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work both alone and within a team to achieve specified standards.
- Be flexible to changing demands of the post.
- Take pride in a job well done.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of why Equal Opportunities are important in employment and service delivery.
- Ability to respect and value the different experiences, ideas and backgrounds others can bring to work and teams.
- Have an awareness of and display a commitment to the relevant legislation and guidance in working practices in relation to the safeguarding of children and young people.
- To undertake any training relevant to your role.
- Must be in good health.
All applicants must undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to starting the role.
Please contact us on 01582 460756 if you have any questions.
This job post has expired.