Your Skills and Experience:
- You will be a qualified, registered counsellor with additional training/experience in working with children and young people.
- You will have experience of working with trauma or keen to develop your therapeutic skills in this area.
- You will be trauma-focused in your approach and have experience of working with children, young people and their parents/carers.
- You will be committed to high quality therapy standards with a passion for using your therapy skills to facilitate good outcomes.
- You will be willing to work in an educational setting where you will be part of the school
- As a team player you will be keen to share your skills and specialisms and also learn from others.
We are looking for a qualified, registered psychotherapist/counsellor to work with young people aged 11-18 to provide counselling in secondary school setting.
Our school is a secondary school in Haverhill, Suffolk. The school therapy service is based in The Wellbeing Centre and offers counselling and psychotherapy working alongside MHST (Mental Health Support Team) and the School Nurses. We provide open-ended therapy for young people who have are referred by the pastoral team. We liaise with key members of staff and with families, with the young person at the centre of our support. We practice trauma recovery to help young people to establish safety, build their identity, find a sense of purpose and belonging, enabling them to discover their potential and live life opposed to surviving it.
By offering a safe and non-judgmental space, young people will be able to explore, share and work on their experiences with a professional therapist and be better placed to move into improved psychological health. We use trauma recovery focused therapy using creative mediums. By entering into the world of the young people we work with and process their trauma in a safe way.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Visas cannot be sponsored.