- Job role
- Education support
- Working pattern
- Part time
2 to 3 days per week
- Contract type
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- £23541 - £25991 pro rata for part-time, term-time hours
- Actual salary
- Starting salary (based on 12.5 hrs pw) £6787.30 gross pa
We are searching for a part-time School Counsellor to join us as soon as possible on a permanent basis.
HOURS: 2 to 3 days per week (approximately 12 hrs 30 mins to 18 hrs 45 mins per week), term-time only.
SALARY: £23541.00 - £25991.00 gross pa (£12.20 - £13.47 per hour), pro rata for part-time, term-time. Starting salary will reflect the hour agreed, but as an example for 12 hours and 30 minutes this equates to £6787.30 gross pa.
We are looking for:
Someone to contribute to the improvement in outcomes for children and young people by ensuring that the needs of children and their families are identified within the school environment at an early stage and supported.
You will help address issues such as attendance and behaviour within school and provide support on an individual basis, ensuring that the appropriate services are provided or referral to other services is facilitated. You will provide appropriate counselling support for students to meet their needs whilst managing a triage system that ensures needs are met in a priority order.
We offer you:
• A vibrant school with outstanding facilities.
• A supportive and cohesive team within the Inclusion department.
• An environment where students have an excellent attitude to learning where they can grow academically and personally. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as Outstanding.
• Students who, through the wide and diverse academic and extra-curricular opportunities they are offered, grow as individuals and happily contribute to the school community.
• Opportunities for staff to come together both professionally and socially. Staff are kept up to date with regular communications as well as meetings (don’t worry, we only have them when we need to), sports activities and social gatherings.
• Children of staff gain admissions preference as per the School Admissions policy.
St Bart’s is a leading academy school (1900 on roll with a 6th Form of 570) in West Berkshire and our long history and excellent community links provide our students with opportunities in many ways.
Road links are good as we are close to the A34 and M4, as well as excellent public transport and within walking distance of Newbury train station.
Closing date: Sunday 26 September 2021
If you have any questions please contact us on 01635 521255 or email email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be subject to a DBS enhanced check along with other relevant employment checks.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1911 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About St Bartholomew's School
We are an exceptional 11-18 comprehensive school, of over 1900 students and a sixth form of 590. We have fantastic modern facilities, where students have the right environment to show a consistent desire to learn and make excellent progress. Students’ behaviour and safety was judged by Ofsted as outstanding.
We pride ourselves on our academic success. For the last 5 years St Bart’s has secured the highest level of student attainment in West Berkshire state schools. In 2019 83% of our students achieved both GCSE English and Mathematics at level 4 or better and 29% of all grades were 9 – 7. Over the last 3 years our average Progress 8 score has been 0.62 which put St Bartholomew’s in the top 8% of schools nationally which we are very proud of. A level results are above national averages with 27% of all grades A*/A and 75% of all grades A* – C.