In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
• Commitment to achieving and promoting high standards of care, learning and behaviour
• Ability to establish positive relationships with pupils and empathise with their needs
• Ability to work flexibly within a supportive and committed team
• Willingness to participate in further training and development opportunities, including facilitating
• Ability to maintain confidentiality on all school matters
The successful candidate will be
well supported by a strong team of leaders, teachers and teaching assistants and will help supervise
and provide support and care for young people.
- To maintain order and the safe transfer of pupils to and from the dining area.
- To positively encourage good behaviour, table manners and hygiene.
- To ensure the health and safety of all pupils and staff including children who have special dietary and/or medical needs.
- To assist younger pupils where necessary, whilst they are taking a meal.
- To actively carry out dining space procedures including:
- The safe setting up and packing away of dining tables and chairs in dining spaces.
- Maintaining and promoting health and safety in dining spaces before, during and after children have their meals – including hand hygiene practices, safe movement to and from the dining spaces, cleaning of tables, sweeping floors and cleaning up of spillages.
- To administer first aid in the case of a minor accident acting on the advice of the registered first-aider. To record accidents in the first aid record and report serious accidents to the Headteacher.
- Be responsible for organising age- appropriate play activities in the playground or indoors if a wet playtime.
- To liaise with the Headteacher, Pastoral Manager and teaching staff of the school in dealing with problems arising from pupil behaviour and any other matters of concern.
- To contribute as a member of a team to the ethos and environment of the school.
- Promote inclusive practices.
- To undertake emergency first-aid training and other relevant medical needs training where appropriate.
- To adhere to need for confidentiality at all times.
- To report to the Headteacher in the case of absence due to illness.
To perform such other duties as reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility
St Alban’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and expects all staff to share in this commitment.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be carried out.
This job post has expired.