School Secretary - Federation of Gayton & Middleton CofE Primary Academies
2 days remaining to apply
Start date details
As soon as possible
12 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
18 May 2023
- View all Part timejobs - 19 Hours per week
- Scale C
What skills and experience we're looking for
Academy Name: Middleton CofE Primary Academy - Federation of Gayton and Middleton Church of England Primary Academies
Vacancy Job Title: School Secretary
Pay Scale: Scale C
Part time: 19 hours per week
Term Time: 38 weeks + 1 week per year (required for inset days or other (if applicable)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a School Secretary to work with our existing Office Administrator to provide administrative support to our academies.
The role will include a wide range of duties, including maintaining administrative systems, working with school staff and dealing with children and families.
Previous experience of working in a school office would be an advantage although full support and training will be available. As part of Diocese of Norwich Education Academies Trust there are opportunities to link with other academies and benefit from the support systems within the trust.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they can:
- Work as part of a team
- Work methodically, be well organised and prioritise working to deadlines
- Show great interpersonal skills
- Show an understanding of and undertake general financial administration
- Above all keep a sense of humour!
What the school offers its staff
We are a very happy, aspirational federation with high expectations and a strong commitment to improving children’s learning and promoting a Christian ethos. Middleton is a small rural academy situated 5 miles east of Kings Lynn just off the A47. Gayton is a growing primary school that has just moved into a new building in the village, which is 8 miles east of Kings Lynn on the B1145.
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
About Middleton Church of England Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 59 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Middleton Church of England Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Redcastle Family School
St Martin's Way, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 3PU
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Norfolk