Are you hardworking, conscientious, organised and reliable with managerial experience and can bring your skills and personality to the role of Site Manager? If so read on…
You will be an integral member of the school community and it will be your responsibility for the day-to-day operational management, safety, cleanliness and security of the academy, and to maintain the high standards of presentation of this large and attractive school site.
The position of School Site Manager is an exciting role which will be 50% office based, and 50% hands on, giving you the opportunity to spend time amongst staff and students to really become part of our school community.
The post holder will be expected to participate in activities and initiatives across the school to ensure the effective management and upkeep of the school premises and grounds.
We are looking for experience in managing teams, setting up and overseeing repairs and maintenance programmes, as well as liaising with contractors, working to Health and Safety legislation at all times and an ability demonstrate a wide range of practical skills.
Previous experience of working in a school environment is desirable but not essential.
Contract: 37 hours per week, full time.
Responsible to: Academy Business Manager
Purpose of the Post
To be responsible for the day-to-day operational management, safety, cleanliness and security of the academy site and ensuring that it is safe for all users.
1. The post holder must carry out the duties with full regard to the School’s Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Financial Regulations Policies.
2. Manage the work of the premises team and the Community Use Officer prioritising their workload and arranging their work schedules and rotas. Be responsible for the allocation, checking and monitoring of the quality of their work.
3. Be responsible for the quality induction, training and performance management for the premises team and Community Use Officer, carrying out annual appraisals in line with school systems.
4. Set up and manage repair programmes and defect reporting systems, ensuring that the buildings and grounds are well-maintained and fit for purpose.
5. In conjunction with the Academy Business Manager, be responsible for the management of the Asset Maintenance programme including the recording of and disposal of all fixed and portable school assets, managing the maintenance and replacement programme necessary to maintain it.
6. In conjunction with the Academy Business Manager, project manage all capital projects including estimates, quote management, commissioning, handover and final account.
7. To liaise and maintain relationships with suppliers, contractors and hirers of the school and deal with any problems as they arise.
8. Report regularly to the Academy Business Manager and Chief Operating Officer on the future resource requirements with regard to the general maintenance of the site and fabric of the school.
9. Contribute to the budget setting process both annually and long-term in relation to both reactive and proactive maintenance and capital projects.
10. Manage the day-to-day premises budgets, holding responsibility for the authorisation of work and the signing of relevant purchase orders.
11. Work with the Academy Business Manager and Chief Operating Officer in the appointment of site contractors in accordance with the school’s Finance regulations and seeking to ensure that best value is obtained at all times.
12. Manage the work of maintenance, cleaning and grounds contractors, ensuring that the standard of work is in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements or contract agreements.
13. Be responsible for the management and operation of site security systems including fire alarm systems, intruder alarm systems and security door systems.
14. Ensure that all Health and Safety regulations in relation to premises management are complied with including, for example, fire regulations, risk assessment, management of COSHH, provision of PPE, working at height, management of work equipment, management of contractors.
15. Check site regularly (at least weekly) for any potential Health and Safety issues, taking corrective action where necessary.
16. Complete risk assessments in relation to any concerns on site and take any corrective actions where necessary.
17. Ensure all contractors visiting the site are fully inducted on health and safety procedures, relevant risk assessments and provided with the Asbestos register.
18. Be responsible for all contracts in regards to health and safety inspections and servicing contracts.
19. Be responsible for the overall coordination and management of school vehicles.
20. To contribute to Support Staff Management Team (SSMT) meetings.
21. Attend Health and Safety Committee meetings as necessary.
22. To be a point of contact for neighbours and neighbouring organisations and all other non-teaching external bodies e.g. Utility Companies, Police, Fire and Local Authority.
23. Carry out all duties with due regard to confidentiality and data protection regulations.
24. The postholder will adhere to the school’s safeguarding policy which safeguards and promotes the welfare of children.
25. To undertake such additional duties as are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
26. To perform temporary and minor repairs around the school site and to take the lead on and contribute to scheduled works (the role is typically 50% office based and 50% ‘hands on’).
27. To offer flexibility of working hours in unforeseen circumstances and to arrange and provide cover for community use and site team absence if required.
This job post has expired.