- Job role
- Teaching assistant
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Physical education
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, term time
37 Hours Per Week, Monday-Thursday 8:30am-4:30pm & Friday 8:30am–4:00pm
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed Term Contract, Maternity Cover - Term Time Only )
- Annual or full time equivalent (FTE) salary
- Bucks Pay Range 1 - 2 (Point 6 - 15 depending on experience) £17,383 - £22,316
- Actual salary
- £14,742 - £18,925
Position: School Support Assistant
Reporting To: Deputy Headteacher
To provide support for pupils in both pastoral and academic situations to help them to achieve their potential, and to ensure the safety and well-being of all pupils.
• Liaise with the teacher to ascertain where assistance in class is needed
• Assist the teacher with the preparation of teaching aids and equipment
• Prepare areas for activities and to work with the teacher and pupils to ensure that equipment is stored away appropriately
• Work in a group setting or take a particular pupil in a one to one setting under the direction and guidance of a teacher
• Respond positively to the physical and emotional needs of the pupils within the school
• Reinforce the standards and expectations that exist within the Aims of Alfriston School
• If appropriate, assist in transporting or supervising pupils to offsite educational activities
• Represent the school in a positive manner
• Support within the PE department.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applying for the job
To Apply: Please visit our website www.alfristonschool.com to download and complete the application form, please send a supporting cover letter with your application.
All applications are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Mrs Ellie Davison.
More on how to apply (opens in new tab)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 155 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Alfriston School
Alfriston is an outstanding Special School with Sports College status for girls aged 11-19 with moderate learning difficulties and speech and language and communication difficulties. We currently have 150 girls on roll. We became an Academy on 1st March 2012. The school has been delivering high quality education since 1950. All the pupils have an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) and are taught in small groups. Our staff are specialist subject teachers and are experienced in working with a range of special needs and abilities.
Pupils attend Alfriston from all over Buckinghamshire and some neighbouring counties. We also have weekly boarding provision for 20 pupils.
We consider the staff team as our most valuable resource. Training and development is a high priority in the school. There is also personal support given to staff to manage the diverse and challenging work needed to support pupils with significant special needs.
At present there are 60 staff employed at the school working in the teaching, support, residential and administrative teams. We are proud of the excellent standard of education provided at Alfriston.
Arranging a visit to Alfriston School
If you would like to make an informal visit please also contact Mrs Ellie Davison, via email@example.com who will be delighted to arrange this for you.