The Schools Finance Support Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Director of Finance Resource
Management in ensuring that the Trust operates good financial governance in line with the requirements
of the Academies Handbook published by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), the Trusts
Financial Delegated Accountability Framework (DAF), internal and external policy and legislation.
This role requires the presentation of clear and concise financial information in both verbal and written
form to a variety of audiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the Director of Finance Resource Management to deliver the financial strategy of
the group of academies, to facilitate the achievement of the academies’ objectives and
• Support the Director of Finance Resource Management with the production of accurate and
comprehensive monthly consolidated management accounts for a range of stakeholders.
• Contribute to the development and ensure the maintenance of financial systems and
• Ensure compliance with financial procedures, including the purchasing of services/goods,
and the preparation and monitoring of individual academy budgets.
• Create purchase order, receive goods and services, and enter invoices and expenses claims.
• Carry out accounting for Shaw Education Trust to include payments to schools, maintenance
of accounting records, bank reconciliations and reconciliations of all main general ledger
• Carry out monthly payroll reconciliations and upload journals into PSF.
• Prepare monthly prepayments and accruals and undertake credit control function.
• To assist where required, Financial Business Partners in monitoring the financial
performance of academies.
• To support the central team with the preparation of the monthly VAT return where
• Provide support for the central team during the year-end audit and for ad-hoc internal
• Support with month end reconciliations and claims as required.
• Support the preparation of monthly prepayments and accruals for the schools within the
area of responsibility.
• Support the maintenance of an effective system of internal control, and ensuring adherence
to relevant finance policies and procedures.
• Provide support and guidance on the operation of the academy financial systems and
• Work with the Central Operation Teams and Estates, IT and business management staff in all
academies to maintain a detailed, accurate asset register, ensuring an annual audit of
inventories is undertaken.
• Attend team briefings as necessary.
• Continue to develop your own skills by attending training courses as deemed necessary.
• To undertake such other duties and tasks as may lie within the scope of this post to ensure
the effective delivery and development of the service.
Please see the job description and person specification for full details.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to
30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays) (pro rata) Support Staff only
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute
and flourish in your role and in the Trust including Apprenticeship Levy supported programs
up to Level 7.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced
criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which will require you to
disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children is defined for the purposes of this guidance as:•protecting children from maltreatment;•preventingimpairmentofchildren’smentalandphysicalhealthordevelopment;•ensuringthatchildrengrowupincircumstancesconsistentwiththeprovisionof safe and effective care; and• taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.
Shaw Education Trust recognises that in order to keep pupils safe, leaders must create where pupils and staff are able to speak freely and share any concerns they have. There must be mechanisms in place to ensure pupils of all ages and abilities are able to communicate their views
This job post has expired.