Schools Receptionist - Term time only
Hours: 37 hours per week TTO plus 2 INSET days, working Mon - Fri 8am-4pm
Salary: Grade 3, SP5 (actual from £15,758.92)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and efficient School Receptionist for our Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge School based in picturesque Sonning Common. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with reception and/or schools experience who enjoys the challenges of a fast-paced environment where every day is different.
You must have the ability to be proactive, work effectively under pressure and have the confidence to manage a wide variety of people and situations independently. Excellent communication skills and experience of a school/business environment are essential.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have prior experience working as a Receptionist, ideally in a school setting.
• Possess excellent communication skills and thrive working in a fast-paced front of house post where the ability to multi-task and prioritise is key.
• Be a person who shares our vision and high expectations for our students and our school.
The successful applicant will be energetic and enthusiastic and enjoy working with 11-16-year olds. You will have a welcoming and professional manner, must be articulate and presentable, approachable and willing to help. A calm manner and good sense of humour with the ability to work as part of team are also key attributes to succeed in this role. You will share our inclusive values of “opportunity, diversity and success for all” and you will have a willingness to develop your own practice in line with our ethos of continuous improvement.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed so that you can meet us and see our facilities and how we work. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest to visit.
Maiden Erlegh Trust is an Ethical Leadership Pathfinder organisation and we are committed to safeguarding, equality and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are also committed to having the highest expectations of pupil/students and staff, and supporting everyone to reach their full potential. All employees of the school and Trust are expected to share these commitments. All posts require satisfactory employment checks and references and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All Leadership roles will require a Section 128 check.
Essential educational requirements
Maths and English GCSE
NVQ Level 2 or equivalent desirable
Essential skills and experience
• Good general communication skills, both written and oral
• Good organisation skills – able to prioritise workload
• Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to identify customers needs quickly and deal with queries
• Reliability, tact, diplomacy, confidentiality and sensitivity are paramount to this post
• Able to work independently but also as part of a team
• Flexible approach to working and a good team player
About Maiden Erlegh Chiltern Edge
- Reades Lane, Reading, RG4 9LN