Science - Faculty Leader
We are an outstanding mixed grammar school with a strong commitment to excellence, seeking an ambitious teacher to lead our Science department.
We can offer you:
a school full of students who are keen to learn (“Seldom have I seen a school where students are so universally positive and enthusiastic about their learning” –HMI)
a strong commitment to your own professional development
opportunities for A level teaching
We would like you:
to be a good teacher, ambitious to improve to outstanding with our support
to have high expectations of yourself, your staff and our students
to be/become an effective leader with a passion for improving the delivery of your subject’s curriculum
to be committed to improving the life chances of young people
be willing to commit to life beyond the academic curriculum.
We have no age or experience profile in mind.
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School operates rigorous ‘safer recruitment’ practices, and the successful candidates will be required to undertake a criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in appropriate subject area
DfE recognised teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
• Access to new strength and conditioning suite
• Staff fitness classes
• Dining facilities at our newly refurbished, contemporary on site restaurant
• Free membership of the Perkbox reward scheme
• Cluster for delivery of NPQML and NPQSL qualifications
• Members of a Teaching and Learning hub through Challenge Partners
• Free on site parking
• Discount airport parking
About Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School
- Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8PE
- Sir Henry Floyd Grammar School website (opens in a new window)