This job expired on 21 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
17 April 2023
21 March 2023 at 9am
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0FTE
- Fixed term - 17/04/2023 - 31/08/2023
What skills and experience we're looking for
1.0FTE - MPS / UPS
Fixed Term: 17th April 2023 - 31st August 2023
Frome College is looking to appoint a Science Teacher. This is an exciting post offering an excellent opportunity for an energetic and creative teacher to join our science faculty on a fixed term contract. The right candidate will teach and inspire students to achieve their full potential in GCSE and A-Level.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher.
- have a passion for their subject and helping students succeed.
- teach inspirational lessons consistently.
- be innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results.
- be proactive and promote positivity whilst work effectively as part of a team, with strong organisational and communication skills.
- have a great sense of humour and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
What the school offers its staff
We offer the successful candidate:
- opportunity to be part of a strong community and supportive workforce.
- a calm and welcoming environment which enjoys a large amount of green, open spaces.
- supportive induction programme and CPD opportunities.
- free parking.
- onsite catering and nursery.
- ‘My Staff Shop’ benefits – including Cycle to Work scheme.
- discounted access to leisure centre including gym and pool (located next to the college).
Frome College is a successful, vibrant, and forward thinking 13-19 Upper School with approximately 1200 students. It is a fast-moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a vibrant artistic community with the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday market and many restaurants and 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Closing Date: Tuesday 21st March 2023 8am
Visits to school are welcome,
Please contact the recruitment dept to book an appointment
This post requires a criminal background check via the Disclosure Procedure
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Frome Community College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 13 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1267 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Frome Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01373 465353
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13 - 19 Upper School with approx. 1100 - 1200 students. It is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome town itself is a cultured town with many restaurants, 2 theatres (one of which is on site) the renowned Sunday market and a cinema.
Arranging a visit to Frome Community College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email FCCRecruitment@fromecollege.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Sir Bernard Lovell Academy
North Street, Bristol, BS30 8TS
Teacher of Science 1FTE - Maternity Cover
Stanley Lane, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3XB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol