- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Until 30 April 2022 -with the possibility of extension)
- TPS: £25714 - £41604
Teacher of Science
Required as soon as possible – Fixed Term to 30 April 2022 (with the possibility of extension)
We are looking for an outstanding teacher of science who is fully committed to excellence and helping every child succeed. Any of the science disciplines of Biology, Chemistry or Physics will be considered. We would welcome applicants with the ability to teach Physics to A Level standard or Maths to KS4. This is a fixed term post to cover staff absence.
The successful applicants will:
• Be dedicated to the best possible outcomes for our students and the highest levels of professional practice and learning for themselves.
• Have an ability to inspire, motivate and engage our students.
• Be a committed, highly competent, reflective and resilient individual.
• Be excited about the opportunity to teach science across the entire age range of our 11-18 college.
• A large, experienced and innovative Science team that is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology.
• Refurbished laboratories (2019)
• A supportive and professional team of colleagues.
• Excellent staff-student relationships.
This role requires the ability to fulfill all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Applications from NQTs are welcomed as well as more experienced teachers.
King Edward VI Community College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS certificate is required for this role.
Application forms are available from our website
Closing date: 9am 21 October 2021
Interview: W/c 1 November 2021
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 921 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About King Edward VI Community College
The College is situated in the South Hams town of Totnes with a wide and varied catchment area. Our community richly diverse, encompassing not just itself, but wonderful countryside that surrounds it. We are Co-operative supported by Dart Valley Learning Trust. This very special place to work: we celebrate our focus on comprehensive inclusive qualities. students fantastic mix personalities talents, value each every one them. committed making real difference their lives: supporting them flourish, go extra mile make this happen. As Ofsted (2019) recognised staff 'relentless pursuit better outcomes for pupils'. rightly pleased with, fulfilled by, judgment as good school. aspire be consistently outstanding all do, encourage creative approaches learning, want harness potential develop truly unique school, infused co-operative values prepare children happy successful adults. Please see further information website.