Samuel Ward Academy are looking to appoint an enthusiastic teacher to join the Science department. This post would be suitable for an ECT or a more experienced teacher, open to any science subject specialism.
As a member of the Science department at Samuel Ward Academy, you can expect:
- Positive support from SLT, teaching staff and support staff, including providing cover for a well-being day on a day of your choice.
- A well-resourced, evidence-informed curriculum.
- Clear behaviour policy with a centralised detention system and high expectations for students.
- A feedback policy based on whole class feedback (no book marking).
- Modern labs with visualisers in each.
- A subject specific ECT mentor (if applicable).
- 6 weeks per year of 1:1 coaching with an experienced coach for all non-ECTs.
- High-quality subject specific CPD.
- A friendly, welcoming and supportive team of science teachers and technicians.
We are looking for highly capable staff who have an excellent understanding of the subject and have the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire our students, with the potential to make a positive contribution to teaching and learning at Samuel Ward Academy.
In return, we can offer excellent induction and training to support professional development to all at a school level.
We may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
In line with safer recruitment, we are unable to accept CVs.
Unity Schools Partnership is committed to safer recruitment, equal opportunities, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
This job post has expired.