Whitley Academy, Coventry, West Midlands
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Will consider full-time, part-time|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £23,720 to £39,406 per year (full-time equivalent)|
We are seeking an inspirational Science teacher to join our well-established Science team from January 2020. You will be joining a well-resourced department with a relentless focus on raising attainment and recruiting successful students to KS5 single Science A Levels as well as Applied Science in Post 16 provision. You will be an effective team member, whose input will contribute to the further development of the current supportive and enthusiastic Science team, which includes two lead practitioners! Our Academy is on a rapid improvement journey. You will be joining a forward-thinking school that values the professional development and well-being of its staff. Applications are welcome from any science discipline.
The successful candidate must be:
- Able to teach Science (no specific discipline requirements) to at least KS4,
- Values driven
- Ambitious for every child and highly inclusive
- Passionate about contributing to the development of Teaching & Learning in the Science team,
- Committed to making a difference to the lives of pupils,
- Resilient with a strong personal drive,
- Someone who has high expectations of both students and their colleagues, and
- Someone who can forge positive relationships with students to encourage great learning.
Essential educational requirements
• Good Degree in Science (any discipline).
• Qualified teacher status or NQT year
Essential skills and experience
• The ability to work as a member of a team.
• The ability to handle potentially difficult situations sensitively.
• An appreciation of the importance of establishing and developing good professional working relationships with students, parents and where appropriate with Governors, the local community, partner schools and other external agencies.
• The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
• The ability to meet deadlines.
• The ability to teach Science effectively through Year 7 to 13.
• A commitment to comprehensive education.
• A willingness to contribute to subject, faculty and whole school developments.
• A commitment to put into effect the school's policies and objectives and to support its aims.
We will offer you;
- A positive and innovative learning culture, where wellbeing and workload are effectively managed,
- A dedicated, highly skilled and committed staff, upholding high expectations of and aspirations for all of our students,
- A strong sense of community and a warm, welcoming workplace,
- Access to the RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance, which offers high quality training and leadership experiences for all staff, to ensure that everyone is enabled to develop, grow and collaborate,
- PiXL network access, developing new ideas and strategies to impact on student learning and
- A number of additional benefits including a fantastic internal CPD programme built into directed time - fostering excellence in teaching and learning, and a vibrant modern building and facilities in a beautiful location beside a nature reserve, within easy reach of the M40/M6 corridor.
|School size||886 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Whitley Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Whitley Academy
When staff, students and families walk through our gates and onto our site they belong to the Whitley Academy community. In our community, we are proud of our school and are committed to supporting all staff and students to be the best they can be.
Abbey Road, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 4BD