We wish to appoint a colleague to contribute to the continuing success of the students and who has the desire to work in an outstanding science department in a Leading Edge school.
We have a history of excellence and are a high-performing school. Our Progress 8 measure is significantly above that for boys nationally, and science is, and has been, consistently in the top 10% of schools for many years. At GCSE, students make excellent progress in all measures and all the sciences are extremely popular at A Level. Girls join our highly successful Sixth Form and many students further their studies at university.
Across the school, students benefit from our insistence on: high standards and achievement, an exceptional range of extra-curricular activities and the focus on traditional values. The school is in a period of growth and four new science laboratories have been opened this term.
We are an over-subscribed and popular boys’ school with a mixed Sixth Form. We are situated in a tree-lined neighbourhood of Isleworth, a vibrant area of West London. We are close to Osterley Park, a short hop from central London by tube or rail, and have easy access to the M3, M4 and Heathrow Airport.
Essential educational requirements
Degree level qualification.
Preferably a good A Level qualification (or equivalent) in an appropriate subject.
Degree level qualification.
Post Graduate qualification e.g. PGCE.
Essential skills and experience
NQTs and experienced teachers are encouraged to apply for this post.
• Dynamic, innovative and supportive colleagues with “outstanding” student behaviour.
• A school ethos which encourages and insists on students being polite and courteous.
• A supportive PTA and parent body, and a high quality body of governors, several of whom
work in education.
• A full and bespoke induction programme.
• An on-going professional development programme with an individual CPD allowance.
• A highly-subsidised MA in Education delivered by St. Mary’s University, Twickenham
• Involvement in national staff development programmes.
• The opportunity to work with a range of leading external partnerships.
• Being part of a Leading Edge School
• Membership of the International Boys’ Schools Coalition.
• A founding and partner school in the Challenge Partnership.
• A supportive consortium of local secondary schools which facilitates co-educational teaching
• Working within a highly effective Education Improvement Partnership.
• State of the art touchscreen classroom technology and a laptop.
• Free annual flu-jab.
• A subsidised ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
• A chef-led canteen service.
• Staff sports sessions and a staff badminton club.
• The Isleworthians Association (the former students’ network).
• Excellent transport links to the West End and Heathrow.
• Working in a conservation area in Osterley, West London with both Osterley Park and Syon
Park within walking distance.
About Isleworth and Syon School for Boys
We are an 11-18 boys' school with a mixed sixth form.
- Ridgeway Road, Isleworth, TW7 5LJ
- Isleworth and Syon School for Boys website (opens in a new window)