This job expired on 17 April 2023 – see similar jobs
17 April 2023 at 12:30pm
25 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- Fixed term
Full-time equivalent salary
- £28,000.00 to £43,685.00
Science Teacher job summary
Atherton High School have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher of Science with Assistant Curriculum Lead responsibility, to join the school on a full time and permanent basis. If you are a passionate and dedicated Science teacher we would love to hear from you! In addition to the teachers pay scale you will also receive a TLR allowance of £3,017 per annum in recognition of Assistant Curriculum Leader responsibilities.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring teacher with a proven track record of success and raising pupil outcomes. The successful candidate will have a passion for Science and a strong commitment to making a difference to the lives of our pupils. You will be committed to developing pupils’ love of reading and understand the importance of enabling young people to communicate both verbally and with the written world in real life situations beyond education.
What does this job do?
- To work with the Curriculum Leader and other Middle Leadership Team’s to develop the overall direction of the department and school.
- To keep up to date with current issues in teaching and learning and in school improvement, and to share this with staff.
- To work in partnership with the SLT in the cycle of planning, implementation, review and evaluation of the School Improvement Plan, specifically within the Teaching & Learning improvement strategies.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor.
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
- To share and support the school's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
What are the job requirements?
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to at least degree level in Science/or adequate post degree conversion course
- Excellent professional knowledge and understanding of national and examination curricular requirements of the subject
- Excellent knowledge of Science with the ability to plan lessons with clear objectives to ensure progression for all students
- Established as an effective teacher across the age and ability range
- Good knowledge of current educational research relating to the subject and wider aspects of how pupil learn
- A thorough understanding of and commitment to safeguarding children and young people
- Some experience of successfully teaching to KS3-KS4 students, with a clear understanding of the teaching provision required in secondary schools.
‘Our curriculum ambition at Atherton High School is to make learning accessible for all'. We have designed a challenging and ambitious curriculum to provide the best learning opportunities for all our students to aspire and achieve.
Our core values that drive our curriculum are:
· Aspiration for all to improve life chances for every student.
· Excellence in learning through an ambitious knowledge and vocabulary rich curriculum for all.
· Character and personal development to equip all of our students to succeed in life.
At Atherton High School what is taught is coherently planned and sequenced to equip students to succeed in life. Our curriculum supports students from all backgrounds, including those who are disadvantaged, so students can access a high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum. Our school community believes strongly in providing disadvantaged pupils with a curriculum that enables them to reach the academic standards of their non-disadvantaged peers. Our goal is to bring our young people into the big conversations of our disciplines, to bring depth to our curriculum, so they can understand the world around them.
About the Education Partnership Trust (EPT)
EPT was established in 2012 as a multi-academy trust and is an approved academy sponsor. Our vision is to create outstanding schools which transform learning, lives and communities. We benefit from our diverse and unique range of schools which include secondary mainstream, alternative provision and special and have a proven track record of sustained improvement. Our schools are united by a drive to improve opportunities and outcomes for children and young people within a collaborative learning culture.
Our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances. As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
Our extensive range of rewards and benefits include:
- Healthcare cash back plan provided free by the trust includes optical, dental, physio, diagnostics, health assessment, NHS prescription charges, hospital cover, discounted gym memberships plus lots more.
- 6 sessions of free counselling including CBT, wellbeing and bereavement.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Access to government pension schemes.
- Free parking.
- Green Car Scheme (Salary Sacrifice).
- Training, mentoring and progression opportunities including our Emerging Leaders programmes.
- Trust wide intranet to share knowledge and resources.
Incomplete application forms will not be shortlisted, if you need to discuss a reason for being unable to complete a section, please contact the recruitment team HR@ept-uk.com
If you would like a tour of the school please contact the School Business Manager – email@example.com
Commitment to safeguarding
About Atherton High School
- School type
- Free School, Christian, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 494 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Atherton High School website (opens in new tab)
AHS is an amazing school, with the most wonderful staff. The school has grown and develop through understanding that our staff are our most valued asset so we continually invest in our colleagues and we believe that all teaching and support staff posts within our schools are key in terms of supporting pupil achievement and improving their life chances.
As such we are keen to recruit dedicated and ambitious professionals who will add value to our schools and trust by helping our young people to succeed.
Situated with great commuter links, AHS, serves all pupils from our local community.
Similar jobs nearby
Pleckgate High School
Pleckgate Road, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 8QA
Deputy Director of Learning - Science
Eden Boys' School, Preston
Adelaide Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 4BD
Eden Boys' School, Preston
Adelaide Street, Preston, Lancashire, PR1 4BD
The Rudheath Senior Academy
Middlewich Road, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 7DT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Greater Manchester