About the School:
At Sheffield Park Academy, we pride ourselves on a team of staff who are supportive, friendly and dedicated to providing the very best teaching and learning for our students. Staff across the academy set a culture of high expectations and continuous improvement for students which, in turn, is reflected in the emphasis we place on continuing professional development (CPD) for our staff.
The academy has over 1,150 pupils and is situated in purpose-built £30 million premises, benefiting from excellent, state-of-the-art facilities and situated within ten minutes of major transport links in the city.
After a visit from Ofsted in October 2017, the academy maintained its ‘Good’ grading in all aspects of the inspection framework.
About the role:
We are seeking to appoint a determined, ambitious, and knowledgeable Science Teacher to join our successful department. This role with have a focus on delivering lessons on Biology so specialist knowledge in the subject will be valued and for the right person it could lead to additional responsibilities recognised by a TLR.
We are seeking candidates who can positively contribute in our journey to become an ‘outstanding’ school. We are looking for either experienced applicants who are able evidence a strong track record of student success or newly qualified teachers who have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid, sustained improvement.
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Access to an outstanding professional development program.
- A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
- Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
- Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
- An ‘outstanding’ teacher with strong leadership qualities who can evidence significant progress and attainment from their students over a protracted period of time.
- Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
- Someone who is resilient, dynamic and passionate about improving the life chances of all children in our community but also displays humility and a reflective approach to improvement
If you possess these qualities and share the academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
To apply, please visit click on ‘Apply’ to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. If you have any queries regarding this role please email email@example.com The closing date for this post is midnight on Thursday 1st December 2022. Interviews will take place soon after. Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.