3 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
5 June 2023 at 9am
24 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - Your hours of work shall be in accordance with the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document as amended from time to time. Full time teachers are required to be available for work for up to 1265 hours of directed time over 195 days.
- DMAT M1 £28,282 - UPR3 £44,121
What skills and experience we're looking for
Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively
Demonstrate robustness and resilience
Qualified teacher status
Successful teaching experience (or teaching practice in the case of an ECT applicant)
Willing to be responsible for your own professional development and to disseminate best practice to colleagues
Inspiring teacher who is able to or has the potential to ‘make a difference’
Fully committed to evidence informed practice.
Proven willingness and capacity for hard work.
A personality to merit the respect of students and to encourage their active
involvement in the learning process, in and out of lessons.
A good communicator being able to build successful relationships with all groups of students and staff.
Highly competent in the use of ICT.
Highly motivated, clear thinking and principled.
Committed to equality of opportunity.
What the school offers its staff
- Opportunities to develop in role and promotion for staff with the zest and desire to progress in their career.
- The opportunity to work with amazing young people and colleagues who are passionate about what they do.
- A happy school; relationships are very strong between staff and students.
- Strong ‘can do’ team ethos in departments and across the school.
- Higher non-contact ratio than most schools. MPR staff teach 42 out of 50 lessons across a two week time-table, ECTs teach 38.
- Health, well-being and work-life balance are extremely important to us. All staff are part of a health insurance scheme, having access to a range of support from external agencies and a free flu vaccination. We are always reviewing and seeking to add additional benefits for staff.
- A fabulous modern and light working environment on a spacious site with on-site parking and rail and bus links close by.
- You will be working alongside people who are at the forefront of educational development, nationally and internationally. We are proud to be one of only 39 Research Schools in the country.
- We have a rich programme of CPD activities happening across the school that will allow you to engage at a level that suits you.
- We are keen to develop staff as leaders and there are a variety of programmes and opportunities to support this.
- We take a pragmatic approach to feedback / marking focussing on what is most useful and manageable.
- Written student reports are not lengthy sections of prose; they are grades.
- No graded lesson observations.
- Our ECT Induction Programme and Appraisal programme is based on professional growth and support.
- The South Downs School Centre for Initial Teaching Training (SCITT) is a great addition to our trust and there are opportunities for staff to work with the SCITT and trainees.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Please download the application form using the link below, and once completed send to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 233 KB
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Durrington High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1602 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Durrington High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Durrington High School is part of Durrington Multi Academy Trust (DMAT) and is a large and oversubscribed school with 1650 students on roll in years 7 to 11. Within the Durrington Multi Academy Trust, we place high regard on recruiting and retaining excellent staff to ensure all students achieve beyond their best. Durrington High School has a sustained track record of improvement for over a decade and we want to continue getting better. We are proud of our school and are always relentless in our efforts to give our students the very best education they deserve.
Arranging a visit to Durrington High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Holy Trinity CofE Secondary School, Crawley
Buckswood Drive, Crawley, West Sussex, RH11 8JE
Longhill High School
Falmer Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 7FR
Southleigh Road, Havant, Hampshire, PO9 2RR
The Forest School
Comptons Lane, Horsham, West Sussex, RH13 5NT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Worthing and West Sussex