- M1 £25,714 - UPS 3 £41,604 (depending on experience)
Science Teacher job summary
We are looking for a passionate and inspiring qualified Teacher of Science to join our supportive and talented team at King’s Oak Academy. We are a growing organisation, looking for professional ambitious people, with a passion for transforming our students’ learning.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. We provide excellent training and development opportunities within the Federation, including a full induction programme for early career and experienced teachers. Training is both local and/or delivered through our excellent stand-alone training facility at the CLF Institute. For teachers, the CLF Institute aims to provide a continuum of development through each career stage from initial teacher training (ITT), for Early Career Teachers (ECT), recently qualified teachers in their early career development, to successive stages of leadership through to Headship and beyond.
What we are looking for:
We look for passionate individuals who want to be a part of transforming education and will make an active contribution to the development of the Cabot Learning Federation and chosen Academy. You will be used to planning and consistently delivering high quality lessons, will have experience in delivering the curriculum in your chosen area and will be a strong communicator with the ability to embrace change and motivate colleagues and students. A well-qualified specialist, holding QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree, you will have the ability to teach Key Stage 3- Key Stage 4. We look for professionals who have excellent class management skills and have high expectations of work and behaviour.
Your duties will specifically include:
• Planning outstanding lessons that meet the needs of all students whilst developing a high-quality programme of study that includes accurate target setting.
• Monitor and report on the progress of students and take appropriate action to ensure all students achieve their potential through exceptional methods of feedback.
• Meeting the needs of learners from key identified groups, including pupil premium, looked after children, SEND and High Attaining students.
• Recognise, value and support the delivery of opportunities which extend beyond the confines of classroom delivery and seek to enrich and add value to the students experience & learning.
• Empowered to develop your own expert practice and support the development of others.
This job post has expired.
About King's Oak Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 19
- School size
- 989 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 19
King’s Oak Academy has been part of the Cabot Learning Federation since 2011 and has benefited from being part of a medium-sized, mature MAT with access to excellent professional services and opportunities to work in collaboration with a group of experienced leaders across the trust. In September 2021, King’s Oak reached both its 100th anniversary and full all-through status, with children learning in every year group from Reception to Year 11. Both were significant milestones for our school and we thanked our local community for their long term support, commitment and loyalty. King’s Oak benefits from a large and well situated site within easy commuting distance of the cities of Bristol and Bath. The academy has become increasingly popular with parents and the community, with rising numbers in Year 7 for September 2021.