This job expired on 29 May 2023
Job start date
1 September 2023
29 May 2023 at 11:59pm
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0FTE
- MPS/UPS - TLR Negotiable
What skills and experience we're looking for
MPS / UPS – TLR Negotiable
1.0FTE Start Date – September 2023
Frome College is looking to appoint a Science Teacher to teach Chemistry or Physics. This is an exciting post offering an excellent opportunity for an energetic and creative teacher to join our science faculty. The right candidate will teach and inspire students to achieve their full potential in GCSE and A-Level.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher.
- have a passion for their subject and helping students succeed.
- teach inspirational lessons consistently.
- be innovative, creative, enthusiastic – able to deliver results.
- be proactive and promote positivity whilst work effectively as part of a team, with strong organisational and communication skills.
- have a great sense of humour and a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
What the school offers its staff
We offer the successful candidate:
- opportunity to be part of a strong community and supportive workforce
- a calm and welcoming environment which enjoys a large amount of green, open spaces
- supportive induction programme and CPD opportunities
- free parking
- onsite catering and nursery
- ‘My Staff Shop’ benefits – including Cycle to Work scheme
- discounted access to leisure centre including gym and pool (located next to the college)
Frome College is a successful, vibrant, and forward thinking 13-19 Upper School with approximately 1200 students. It is a fast-moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome itself is a thriving market town, with a vibrant artistic community with the renowned Frome Festival, monthly Sunday market and many restaurants and 2 theatres, one of which is on campus.
Closing Date: Monday 29th May 2023 12am
Interview date: Wednesday 31st May 2023
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Frome Community College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 13 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1267 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Frome Community College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01373 465353
Frome College is a successful, vibrant and forward thinking 13 - 19 Upper School with approx. 1100 - 1200 students. It is a fast moving school undergoing exciting and rapid regeneration. We are based on a stunning campus in easy reach of Bath and Bristol. Frome town itself is a cultured town with many restaurants, 2 theatres (one of which is on site) the renowned Sunday market and a cinema.
Arranging a visit to Frome Community College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email FCCRecruitment@fromecollege.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Somerset, Bath and Bristol