Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Will consider full-time, part-time
Main Pay range to Upper Pay Range
If you are able to relay your passion for Science to others, have an ability to inspire and deliver a high quality learning experience within Physics / Science at GCSE Level we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking a talented ambitious teacher with the skills, expertise and passion to help enthuse our young people to achieve excellent outcomes in Science. We offer some flexibility over hours and also whether you are interested in a fixed-term or permanent contract.
Whatever your stage of career be this NQT or experienced professional, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning.
Joining us in September 2021 you will enjoy working in a high achieving department with a high take up of triple Science at KS3/4 with an excellent take up of A-Level Physics. We already have links with a number of STEM bodies and would support you in developing further links and activities outside of the classroom to support a varied learning experience.
The successful applicant will: ·
- Be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspiring a love of Science.
- Secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
- Have the personality to be a supportive Form Tutor.
- Have the ability to teach a Science at KS5 (especially Applied/ Forensics) will be an advantage. Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and be committed to extra-curricular activities.
We have clear expectations in the School that lead to a well ordered and harmonious environment where pupils can excel. You have the chance to work in one of the high-performing schools in the region – with formal recognition twice as “Sunday Times State Secondary School of the Year for the North of England”, and an Ofsted rating of Outstanding.
We enjoy consistently high levels of parental satisfaction and positive student feedback.
Along with over 170 highly motivated colleagues and excellent leadership at all levels, this role provides a fertile environment in which you can develop. You will be joining a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1600 students in the school, including over 260 in the sixth form and a Trust with three primary schools and one junior school.
Please visit the school website: www.fulford.york.sch.uk/vacancies for further details and application forms or download below.
Completed application forms should emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org - along with a covering letter – no more than 2 pages A4.
Closing date for applications: 14th June 2021 (0800am) Interviews: TBC
Teachers Pay & Conditions