Science Teacher (ideally Chemistry and/or Physics)
UTC Portsmouth, Portsmouth, Hampshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
We are looking for a Teacher of Science to join our special team commencing in September 2020. We are seeking excellent teachers who are able to teach up to A Level, will secure excellent rates of student progress, are confident and highly organised team players.
UTC Portsmouth is the Lead School for the Institute of Physics running regional CPD for teachers funded by the DfE. The college is proud to be acting in the capacity of Lead School. We are committed to the wider educational community and we aim to help raise standards in physics teaching across the local area and seek like-minded staff to deliver on this mission.
If you are currently in industry and are seriously considering moving into educating young adults, UTC Portsmouth offers the best kind of environment: excellent facilities, very supportive colleagues and outstanding students.
Essential educational requirements
Good honours degree
Qualified Teacher Status (or FE/HE equivalent)
Evidence of commitment to Continuing Professional Development
Strong academic background. PGCE, QTS/QTLS
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will have a passion and aptitude for teaching science up to A level. Science is a very popular subject a UTC Portsmouth. Overall, students following science are of a high calibre and are committed to reaching the high expectations set. Many students wish to pursue careers or Higher Education courses directly relating to science when they leave. UTC Portsmouth has a growing reputation for excellence in the science provision offered, for the links we have with employer partners and for STEM courses generally. The college has gained the status of 'Lead School' from Institute of Physics.
What can we offer you?
- a modern, purpose built and well equipped college
- state of the art facilities and resources
- the opportunity to teach and work with highly motivated students and parents
- a small, cohesive and mutually supportive staff team
- access to the Teacher Pension Scheme
- established links to employer partners and access to new and emerging partners
- access to an online Employee Benefits Portal offering access to a - wide range of discounts and offers
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering personal, physical, emotional and wellbeing advice and guidance
|School type||Free School|
|School size||379 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||14 to 19|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||UTC Portsmouth website (opens in a new window)|
About UTC Portsmouth
London Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 9DU