Science Teacher + KS Science Co-ordinator for the right candidate
Holmer Green Senior School is an 11 to 18, exciting and successful school that is currently expanding to seven forms of entry. As a school we are in the top 10% of schools nationally for KS5 progress and in the top 20% for KS4 progress. Our aim is to ensure all our students strive for the best university and apprenticeship places and therefore need teachers who can support them to get there. We ensure our staff develop professionally to be the best they can be.
We are looking for a Science teacher who enjoys seeing all students succeed, who promotes a love of Science, shares our agenda to remain restless in the pursuit of excellence and is keen to continue with their own learning journey.
At HGSS all staff work in department teams to share resources and reflect on the taught curriculum, cutting down workload, whilst improving outcomes for students. You will be challenged to think about what makes truly exceptional teaching and learning and be asked to contribute to teaching and learning at a whole-school level. We have a robust behaviour system, that removes disruption, allowing teachers to focus on what works best for our students.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent in a Science subject
Qualified Teacher Status
Teaching degree or equivalent (BA, Bed, PGCSE etc)
Essential skills and experience
• Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
• Ability to act on own initiative
• Ability to motivate and encourage students
• Ability to observe and monitor progress and maintain records
• Up to date and working knowledge of the teaching of Science etc and appropriate resources which delivers outstanding teaching and learning opportunities.
• Good knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching at KS3, 4 and 5.
• Excellent subject knowledge
• Excellent behaviour management skills
• We invest heavily in our staff.
• A two-week October half term
• 8 staff training days (not the 5 you find in most schools)
• A menu of CPD, that aspirational staff can take up.
• For the right individuals there are lots of opportunities for promotion, including senior, lead and master teachers.
About Holmer Green Senior School
Holmer Green Senior School is a popular 11-18 school with 900 students (100+ in the 6th Form). Relationships at all levels are excellent and we are committed to the professional development of all our staff.
- Parish Piece, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP15 6SP
- Holmer Green Senior School website (opens in a new window)