- Maternity or parental leave cover (31.02.2023)
Science Teacher (maternity cover) job summaryCORE Education Trust is a values-driven multi-academy trust rich in cultural and social diversity. Responsible for four academies in Birmingham, the Trust was set up to innovate through adversity and to challenge the conventional boundaries of what is possible for our students. Motivated and inspired by the success of our students, our ambition goes beyond textbooks and whiteboards, we are proud to work with the young people of Birmingham.
This role will be based at Jewellery Quarter Academy which is an 11-16 co-educational school. You will be joining an academy team whose sole aim is to ensure that all students get the very best support, care and guidance that enables them to achieve their very best.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Our school is a place of possibility and we never underestimate the impact inspirational staff can have on the life chances of our students. We are seeking a dynamic Teacher of Science who can demonstrate their strategically, creatively and to prioritise your workload. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential along with being resilient and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
The successful candidate will be joining a vibrant learning community with national award-winning credentials. The Trust works collaboratively with leaders to ensure our CORE Values are promoted, embodied, and celebrated by all the staff and children in our schools. You will:
• be given the opportunity to engage with cross-trust activities that connect students and staff to their wider family of schools/peers across the city. This includes programmes such as the award-winning Echo Eternal Holocaust memorial arts initiative, The Great Get Together and The COREus Choir
• be provided with a provision of support and training to foster a positive culture of wellbeing for all students and staff
We place a strong emphasis on supporting and encouraging personal development, which includes:
• a CPD strategy that is designed to support the career aspirations of all staff to help them realise their potential.
• access to experienced mentors who have a strong track record of developing staff
This is an exciting time to join the trust. We are about to embark on the next phase of our evolution as an outward facing, forward thinking family of schools guided by a vision underpinned by optimism, ambition and oneness.
All employees, regardless of hours worked or length of service, are entitled to up to 52 weeks maternity leave, including paternity and adoption leave.
We offer all staff a 2-week break over the school Christmas holidays, on top of their allocated holiday allowance.
We are proud to be a living wage employer, which means fair and competitive wage to all CORE Education Trust Employees
All staff are automatically opted in for the award-winning Westfield Health employee assist program.
A CPD strategy that will support the career aspirations of all staff to help you realise your potential.
All employees are automatically entered into a pension scheme.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.