This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven professional to join our Science department. An excellent knowledge and understanding of the subject is essential as is a passion for Science. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our student and share our single goal of ‘students first; raising standards and transforming lives’. Your relentless drive will ensure our students gain the best possible outcomes. Applications are invited from both newly qualified and experienced professionals.
The Science department at Outwood Academy Brumby is a small with a well established team. There is a large spread of specialists including 2 physicists, 3 biologists and 2 chemists. Our students are able to follow the AQA combined science route or triple award science route and our triple science results have improved by 1.0 progress over the last two years. The department is also well equipped with 5 laboratories, 1 classroom, 1 super lab along with a 121 work room.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made in accordance with safer recruitment practices and the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
This job post has expired.