We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who wants to join an excellent department. This post is suitable either for a teacher who is currently in training (NQT) or someone who would like to widen their experience, someone who will embrace the opportunities of working in a leading edge school. This post offers real opportunities for professional and career development.
Park High is an 11-18 mixed multi-ethnic comprehensive school of almost 1600 students, situated in the London Borough of Harrow. There are very high achievement levels and excellent facilities. Ofsted (2013) judged the school outstanding in all areas.
Essential educational requirements
Appropriate academic qualifications (to degree level), QTS and the ability to teach Science throughout the school.
1. Appropriate academic qualifications (to degree level), QTS and the ability to teach Science throughout the school.
2. Successful experience as a teacher of Science in a current post or during teaching practices (NQT) and both the ability and drive to develop further.
Essential skills and experience
3. Ability to work and learn in a collaborative, innovative team with high standards committed to raising expectations and achievement of all students.
4. Evidence of excellent communication and organisational skills.
5. A good understanding of the Science curriculum and the changes in GCSE assessment.
6. The willingness to teach a second subject if required.
7. Evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with staff, Governors, parents and the wider community.
8. The ability to contribute to the wider work of the school, including our work as tutors and other activities.
9. Flexibility and adaptability in order to be able to mix and work with a wide range of people and a commitment to equality and diversity.
10. A commitment to professional development.
11. To be alert and active on issues relating to student welfare and child protection
We can offer:
• An exciting learning environment where challenging, innovative and engaging learning is at the core of all we do.
• An award winning vibrant school which continues to achieve extremely high standards, both in Harrow and beyond.
• A genuine and active pursuit of well-being for all members of our community.
• Outstanding outcomes with a significantly positive Progress 8 score and zero NEETS.
• Students who exhibit excellent behaviour for learning and a desire to acquire knowledge and improve themselves.
• A supportive, enthusiastic and inspiring within which team to grow and develop.
• An opportunity to develop your craft of teaching across three Key Stages.
About Park High School
Park High School
- Thistlecroft Gardens, Stanmore, HA7 1PL
- Park High School website (opens in a new window)