Physics, Chemistry, Biology
Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3 per year pro rata
Come and teach science covering KS3,4 & 5 to patients in a hospital setting with an outstanding team at Willow House Hospital Education. We are looking for a part time permanent science colleague to join us.
We work with young people aged 12 – 18 who are patients of Willow House, a tier 4 CAMHS inpatient hospital . The pupils come from local and regional areas and we support their continued learning during their admission. We complement the hospitals’ focus on recovery by seeking to minimise the future impact of admission.
We require an inspirational and creative teacher who:
• is passionate about learning and teaching
• can motivate and lead in learning topics
• has proven good teaching experience
• has experience of helping pupils overcome barriers to
• is committed to working in partnership with young people,
parents, staff and other professionals;
• can work well in a team and show initiative;
• has experience of teaching in a mainstream school.
Salary - MPG/UP3 + SEN1
We can offer you:
• engaging work alongside a hard-working staff team who are professional and dedicated;
• opportunities to work in a unique hospital setting;
• opportunities for personal and professional development.
Essential informal discussion: Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone Sally Marsden, Headteacher on 0118 949 5007 for an informal discussion about the post and arrange an informal visit on Wednesday 23rd September 2020.
Closing date: Friday 18th September 2020
Interview date: Tuesday 29th September 2020
Willow House Hospital Education, Willow House, Wokingham Hospital, Barkham Road, Wokingham RG41 2RE
Tel: 0118 9495007
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the DfE document Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education. All staff will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer