Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
M1 - UPS3
Required: September 2021 (possible January 2022 start for the right candidate) Post: Full Time, permanent Employed By: Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust Based at: Saltley Academy, Belchers Lane, Birmingham B9 5RX. Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for young people? Do you want to work in a forward-thinking and aspirational academy that places learning at the heart of everything it does, where your professional development is important to us and your innovation valued? If so we want to hear from you.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Science Teacher to join our high performing, collaborative Science department, and teach science at key stages 3 and 4. At Saltley, all students complete combined science at GCSE level and approximately one third of each cohort studies triple science. This position requires a qualified and dedicated Science teacher with passion and drive, who believes that every student can achieve their full potential. Previous applicants may apply.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an inspiring teacher with real passion and enthusiasm for the subject with excellent subject knowledge, able to teach all three sciences confidently
- Be committed to delivering an excellent standard of teaching for all students every lesson
- Set themselves and their students high standards and have high expectations
- Be a good communicator and a strong team player
- Have a willingness to contribute to the department and whole school projects, including the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Science
- Are a Rights Respecting Gold award school with a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued.
- Are committed to continuous improvement and creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life.
- Offer a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential.
- Are well resourced and ICT rich.
- Are part of the WHA Multi Academy Trust that provides numerous professional development opportunities, on-site parking and a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
There is potentially a TLR available for the right candidate
Applying for the job
Applications can be made via the E-Teach website (www.eteach.com) and are also available to download from our website on www.saltley.academy
Return completed application forms in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(NB CVs will not be accepted)
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, ages 11 to 16
1126 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About Saltley Academy
‘Outstanding, resilient and loving’ is how one of our students described our school during our last Ofsted inspection, so we know you would love it here – our friendly, supportive staff always go the extra mile for their students. We are an Ofsted rated Good school, come and join us on our journey to Outstanding.
Arranging a visit to Saltley Academy
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Helen Hopkins on 0121 566 6555 to arrange a school visit.