- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Will consider full time, part time
- Contract type
- £25,714 to £41,604
Teacher of Science
Full or part-time, permanent position
Able to teach KS3 and KS4 Sciences
Required from 1 January 2021
Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers
Our strong collaborative ethos is reinforced every Tuesday afternoon when we close our school to students so that the last timetabled lesson is dedicated to departmental lesson planning.
Every lesson shapes a life. At John Colet our teachers plan lessons in school, so the shape of their home life is as energetic as their classes.
Being able to plan lessons in advance, with time to review classes delivered and work submitted by students, is just one of the reasons teachers love working at John Colet School.
You will be able to teach throughout the age and ability range but most importantly, you will be committed to excellence for your students, your colleagues, yourself and John Colet School.
● Our department ethos focuses on the passion we all share for Science. We work closely as a team and pride ourselves on mutual support and teamwork.
● We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic teacher of Science.
● The successful candidate will work with an experienced team of high quality teachers and technicians.
● The ability to teach KS3 and KS4 Science.
● Full or part-time considered.
● We have 7 modern, well equipped Science laboratories; each with an interactive whiteboard and an eighth room dedicated to the delivery of Physics.
● We are very excited to announce that a new build of two additional Science laboratories has been authorised and planning and design processes are well underway.
● Our priority is ensuring that our lessons are engaging, stimulating, relevant and above all promote a genuine interest in Science.
● We are a forward thinking, innovative department and welcome new ideas.
● John Colet is a successful 11 – 18 school, with a committed, friendly and supportive team of staff. Both parental and student satisfaction is high.
● Our department is a successful one with excellent progress at Science GCSE.
If you think life at John Colet School would suit you, then we are looking for an innovative teacher who enjoys planning exciting lessons for their classes to join us from January 2021.
Closing date: 9.00am, Monday 27 September 2021
Interview date: Monday 4 October 2021
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1088 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About John Colet School
Ofsted rated 'Good'
Other reasons teachers work at John Colet School (Ofsted rated – good) include;
● Good work/life balance
● Being appreciated and recognised for a job well done
● The support from colleagues and SLT
● Respect and politeness from students
● Range of resources and support available to help achieve personal and professional goals
● Coaching and CPD workshops
● Lovely setting/environment (with plentiful, free staff parking)
● Revision sessions are well received and attended by students
● Knowing every student well and being able to offer individual support
● Staff and pupils feel safe
● Equality and diversity in the workplace is practiced
● Accelerated pay progression for outstanding teachers
● A wide variety of trips and extra-curricular activities (please see our website)
Arranging a visit to John Colet School
Please contact the school on 01296 623348 if you would like to arrange a visit or speak to Mrs Kennedy our Head of Science.