Deer Park School is a new state of the art seven-form secondary school which opened in September 2021. At present there are just under 500 students on roll across Yr7, 8 & 9. We are part of the Wildern Multi Academy Trust which comprises of Deer Park Secondary School, Wildern Secondary School and Boorley Park Primary School. We will have a PAN of 1050 when full.
As we embark on our next phase of growth we are seeking to appoint new members to our team to support us on our journey to excellence. We strive to provide an exceptional educational experience for every student. Our values and culture of ambition, kindness, inclusion and community underpin this vision.
We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, innovative and passionate practitioner to join our Science Department at Deer Park School. You must have Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, or an equivalent overseas qualification with UK teaching experience. This role is also suitable for Early Career Teachers. For more information on our school please visit our website https://www.deerparksecondary.org/
If you are looking for a career defining opportunity to shape the ethos, culture and legacy of a state of the art school in the heart of a wonderful community then Deer Park is the right opportunity for you.
At Deer Park we:
- give staff the freedom to be creative and passionate about their subject areas.
- strive to stimulate each student’s enjoyment and love of learning. We bring joy to our curriculums.
- work as a team to ensure that no child is left behind – that each child has an enriched experience.
- ensure that all learners are supported and challenged to become polite, independent, resilient, confident and articulate individuals who are aspirational and ambitious.
- insist on a culture of rights, respect and responsibility. We’re a kind school – and we are proud of how our students uphold these values and they are working towards their Silver UNICEF accreditation.
- have an ethos that is inclusive, where each individual in the school community is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement.
- deliver high quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning.
- promote outstanding leadership at all levels to realise our vision.
What is it like at Deer Park School?
"There is an extremely positive culture here based on the values of inclusion, kindness and community. This culture can be felt throughout the whole school and the values can be seen in pupils’ excellent behaviour and positive relationships with each other, and with staff. Parents are also extremely supportive of the school which many describe as a ‘family’.
The school’s curriculum is ambitious for every pupil. In all year groups, pupils take a broad range of subjects. Staff ensure that all pupils produce work of a high standard."
We will ensure that the successful candidate has:
- comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor.
- continuous professional learning, development and improvement.
- the opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students.
Benefits of working for our Trust include:
- exceptional team environment where all staff are valued.
- excellent Continuing Professional Development with high quality CPD programs.
- many opportunities for career progression.
- extensive department resources and facilities.
- enrolment in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- a tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice.
- generous Sick Pay Scheme.
- staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School.
If you currently work in a school, please ensure one of your references is from your current Headteacher.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we may invite candidates to interview before the closing date. Closing date: Midday Tuesday 5th March 2024.
Disclaimer: Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Therefore, advised to submit your application as early as possible as some interviews may take place, and the appointment may be made before the closing date is reached for the post. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.