Science Teacher – (with a specialism of Biology) September start
7 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
4 June 2023 at 11:59pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Biologyjobs, View all Sciencejobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
Full-time equivalent salary
- Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £29,344 to £40,083
A single person’s accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance considered for an ECT or applicants who are 2-3 years into teaching.
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Science department at Trinity School is a strongly balanced team composed of experienced members alongside educators who have found the profession more recently. All staff are valued, contribute to ongoing developments within the department, and showcase their passion for Science through excellent teaching and delivery of practical activities to enhance the learning and outcomes of students.
We currently employ ten Science teachers alongside three science technicians, delivering Science lessons in eight new fully resourced laboratories built to high specification, all of which are situated on the same floor. In Year 7 and Year 8, Science is taught under a collective umbrella, which splits into Biology, Chemistry and Physics from Year 9 onwards. At GCSE, students study the AQA specification, with the majority of students entered for Combined Science, whilst a healthy number of students opt to study all three Single Sciences as one of their option choices.
There are currently seven science classes in each year group in Key Stages 3 and 4, with one A Level Biology, Chemistry and Physics class in Year 12 and Year 13.Students have six one-hour science lessons per fortnight in Year 7 and Year 8. In Year 9 and Year 10, students have three one-hour lessons in each of the three Science subjects per fortnight. Likewise in Year 11, with the addition of a tenth revision lesson. Students taking A Level science courses have nine hours of contact time each fortnight. Class sizes at A Level currently range from 7 students to 15 students.
What the school offers its staff
Here are all the great reasons why you should
consider working at Trinity:
- We have a strong vision and values, which influences everything we do.
- You can expect a smooth transition to working with us. Not only will you have a dedicated mentor, but an induction programme will ensure you are fully versed in every aspect of Trinity life.
- You will have lunch with the headteacher during the first term of being with us to find out how things are going.
- A staff well-being champion works closely with the leadership team to ensure a manageable staff workload. Your well-being is important to us, and we continuously review our practices to ensure we are working smartly while simultaneously adding value.
- Since our first set of GCSEs in 2018, we have improved on our P8 yearly (2018 +0.15, 2019 +0.21, 2022 +0.32).
- We are a school that supports students to achieve academically and holistically.
- We will prioritise your development and help you achieve your career aspirations. We have promoted several staff to middle and senior leadership positions and given others opportunities to progress in their career elsewhere.
- Our parents are supportive, and many volunteer to help in various ways.
- We have an incredible chaplaincy department that not only looks out for the welfare of students but also cares for our staff.
- We occupy a state-of-the-art building and office and classrooms are well resourced.
- There is ample on-site staff parking and designated staff workrooms.
- Good travel links to London (35 mins by train), M25 (10 mins) and we are in the heart of rural Sevenoaks.
Come and work for us and be part of our story about changing and transforming lives. A single person’s accommodation provided or an accommodation allowance considered for an ECT or applicants who are 2-3 years into teaching.
Further details about the role
We are a Christian school through and through and are very keen to uphold this important and foundational element at Trinity. You do not have to be a Christian to join us but be sympathetic to our Christian values.
We highly recommend you come and visit us to experience what others so readily affirm that Trinity is truly a unique place, with a calm and caring atmosphere.
We are recruiting as applicants apply therefore an appointment may be made before the close date.
Our school and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. The successful applicant will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure and checks regarding proof of ID, medical clearance and the right to work in the UK.
If you would like any further information, arrange a visit or an informal discussion please contact Fiona Smith, HR Officer on01732 469111 or email email@example.com
To apply please use the Apply now on the TES jobs website. Alternatively our application pack can be found on the school’s website www.trinitysevenoaks.org.uk and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Trinity School
- School type
- Free School, Christian, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1060 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Trinity School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01732 469111
Trinity is a growing, non-denominational Christian free school based in Sevenoaks, Kent. We are a single Academy Trust which operates under the sponsorship of 29 local churches in the Sevenoaks area. Trinity was founded in 2013 by a committed group of local people, many of whom are governors of the school. We are a 11-18, non-selective, mixed school and we attract many pupils who reach the standard to pass the 11 Plus. Half the intake have a faith reference. The sixth form was established in September 2018 and will grow to 240 students. We moved into our brand new, state-of-the-art building in September 2016. We originally opened as a four-form entry school but are in the process of applying to become a six-form entry due to demand for places in the local area. A building expansion programme to accommodate more students has already started. At full capacity the school will eventually accommodate 1140 students. Parents, staff and students describe the school as a truly special place to work, teach and learn. The culture is supportive, challenging and every member of the Trinity team has high standards and expectations and strives for excellence in every aspect of school life. Our vision and values permeate everything we do and this is demonstrated by our well-behaved students right through to our flourishing co-curricular programme. High quality teaching, coupled with outstanding pastoral care, ensures that our students have every opportunity to fulfil their potential. Teachers are well supported and developed through our CPD programme. Our new, state-of-the art building has excellent, spacious facilities, well-resourced classrooms, designated staff work rooms and ample on-site staff parking. Trinity Values As a Christian school, we promote ‘the Trinity Way’ in all we do: Truth, Excellence, Love, Leadership and Service. We believe that in doing so, students are well-placed to grow into confident, outward focused individuals who live rewarding and purposeful lives. We hold unswervingly to a belief that every Trinity student should receive an ‘education for life in all its fullness’.
Arranging a visit to Trinity School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Harris Academy Rainham
Lambs Lane South, Rainham, Essex, RM13 9XD
Weald of Kent Grammar School
Tudeley Lane, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 2JP
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls
1 Birchdene Drive, Thamesmead, SE28 8RF
Hillview School for Girls
Brionne Gardens, Tonbridge, Kent, TN9 2HE
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway