M1 - UPS3
For September 2021, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, dedicated and exceptional practitioner. If you have a passion for Science and want to inspire this in pupils and staff, our innovative, hard-working, friendly and supportive team would like you to join us.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Teacher of Science, preferably at Key Stages 3, 4 & 5. There will be an opportunity to deliver Science lessons to our Primary pupils too. You will have an up to date understanding of research-based teaching and learning strategies to support curriculum development. As a positive role model to the whole school community, you’ll have a natural flair for developing practices that empower and motivate staff and students to become the best they can be.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming and positive school with children who are respectful and willing to learn
• A school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their potential, irrespective of their ability.
• A supportive and forward thinking Leadership team, consisting of ‘Leaders that know their school very well’ Ofsted 2020.
• A supportive and forward thinking Core Team of Directors and Trustees
• A dynamic, dedicated and hard-working team of teachers and support staff who want the best for children
• Confident, friendly and aspirational children who are willing to learn
• A commitment to your continued professional development and wellbeing
• Opportunities to work collaboratively with teachers from across the Multi Academy.
• Opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and Trust-wide improvement initiatives.
• Be part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides a full suite of benefits and rewards to support wellbeing including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, access to wellbeing advice, cycle to work scheme, contribution to glasses for DSE users.
• Onsite parking
• A wonderful opportunity to make your own mark!
If you would like to join an oversubscribed, forward-thinking academy with a strong vision, and a team of staff and students who share the commitment to its success then, we would welcome your application.
We welcome applications from experienced teachers. Please download the job pack for a full job description and person specification.
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you.
Applying for the job
Application Packs are available from the Eteach website at www.eteach.com or by e-mailing email@example.com
Return completed application forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd April 2021 – 10.00am
NB CVs will not be accepted
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
1621 pupils enrolled
4 to 18
About Washwood Heath Academy
Washwood Heath Academy is a relatively new All Through Academy (Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form) in the East of Birmingham. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established Science team and contribute to a Department that seeks to provide a first class education for all of its learners. In order for all pupils to achieve academic excellence, we deliver a knowledge-rich curriculum where teachers are the experts and their role it is to convey their knowledge and expertise to pupils. We believe that all pupils are entitled to learn about ‘The best, which has been thought and said’ (Matthew Arnold).
Our school is in a central location, with wonderful and enthusiastic pupils, amazing staff who always go the extra mile for their classes. Our friendly, family feel is part of the reason that parents choose Washwood Heath Academy for their children. We are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust which is a family of local schools located within 15 minutes of one another: 4 Primary schools, 2 Secondary schools and 1 All-through school. This will give you the opportunity to grow and develop professionally with a fantastic Academy Trust that is very supportive and collaborative with a strong sense of community.
The Science Department at Washwood Heath Academy
The Science Department at Washwood Heath comprises of approximately 17 staff and 3 technicians. We have 13 specialised Science laboratories & a track record of success at both GCSE and A-level. The department is enthusiastic and progressive, with Teaching and Learning at the heart of everything it does. We are exceptionally proud of the work we have done with the DfE in leading a pilot project in developing and building a knowledge-rich curriculum which is now in its third year. We have healthy numbers of year 11 students who stay on to study A Level science with us as well as BTEC Applied Science.
Arranging a visit to Washwood Heath Academy
and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you.
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Abbas Rashid, Assistant Headteacher, at: email@example.com