||Grade 6 £20,496 - £22,627 pro rata
Science Technician/Admin Support
Salary Grade: Grade 6 (£20,493-£22,627 pro rata)
Contract Type: Part-time, permanent
Hours of Work: 32 hours per week (25 hours Science Technician and 7 hours Admin Support), term time only plus two INSET days in September
Closing Date: Friday 27 November 2020
Interview Date: Interviews on application. Should a suitable candidate be identified before the closing date, the vacancy may be closed early.
An opportunity has arisen for a well-organised, enthusiastic Science Technician/Administrator to join our Science Faculty and Central Admin Team. The technician role is essential in supporting teaching staff in the delivery of lessons through the preparation and organisation of practical equipment.
Although desirable, prior experience and specific knowledge are not essential as full training will be provided. Excellent organisation, personal skills, the ability to be flexible and work in a team are the key qualities we are looking for.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in science along with 5 GCSE qualifications at Grade C or above including English, maths and science.
The main duties will include:
• Ensuring the laboratories are well stocked and resourced.
• Clearing away apparatus and equipment at the end of each lesson, including cleaning, storing and disposing of all equipment and chemicals safely.
• Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks are being kept up-to-date with CLEAPSS.
• Participating in professional development as needed and attending INSET courses when they meet the personal development needs.
• Providing confidential administrative support as part of the Central Admin Team.
For further information about the position or to arrange a visit to meet members of the team, please contact Andrew Stanger, Director of Science, at firstname.lastname@example.org
An application pack is available from our website or from
Ms J Howse (01235 466054, or email email@example.com.
CVs alone are not acceptable.
Applying for the job
Please send application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
More on how to apply