Join our team of dedicated support staff and become an essential part of the educational journey of our pupils, ensuring their success and wellbeing!
What does this role involve?
We’re seeking a fantastic Science Technician to become part of our team at Carleton High School. As a technician, you will play a crucial role in supporting the teaching and learning of our students by providing practical support in the Science department. To be successful in your application, you must demonstrate flexibility and initiative, and show that you have the skills to motivate, engage and inspire students, whilst actively contributing to the high expectations and achievements of the school.
Previous experience is not necessary as extensive training will be provided. The role does not require a teaching qualification but is suitable for those considering teacher training in the future.
This is a 25 hours per week, term time plus two days, permanent contract.
Some of your key duties will include:
- Supporting learning by setting up and clearing down after practical lessons.
- Supporting learning activities, under the guidance and direction of the teacher.
- Supporting the use of equipment and materials, as required by staff, or as the curriculum requires.
- Maintaining and monitoring stock levels and preparing requisitions for equipment, following Trust guidelines and processes.
- Creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly, and productive working environment, including any stock rooms.
- Where required, demonstrating safe and effective use of equipment or materials.
Why choose Carleton High School?
Carleton High School is part of Pontefract Academies Trust. We are consistently one of the top schools in Wakefield for students’ progress. The Trust has experienced high levels of success over the last 5 years at both primary and secondary phases (locally and nationally). The Trust has a deep understanding and value for its ‘people’ and therefore heavily invests into each person’s professional development.
This is an exciting time to be joining Carleton High School, as a multi-million-pound new build is due to commence in March 2024, providing state of the art teaching facilities for our students and teachers.
Carleton High School is a place where staff and students are part of a family. Teachers can really focus on their teaching, and students on their learning. It is a warm, whilst disciplined environment, where behaviour is managed consistently, students understand our high expectations and take responsibility to meet them. We have a long tradition of academic success, which is a strong foundation to build on and take the school to the next level – the ‘Outstanding’ Ofsted rating which is well within reach.
What can we offer you?
At Carleton High School, every member of our team, whether in teaching or support roles, plays a pivotal part in contributing to the ongoing success of our students. In return, we provide a wealth of benefits, as we believe Our People Matter.
- Experience the warm, welcoming, and social environment at Carleton High School, often praised by visitors for its positive atmosphere and the exceptional friendliness and supportiveness of our staff.
- We highly value every member of our team, and we are proud of our focus on professional learning and development as we are of our reputation.
- Access to recognised training and leadership courses, including National Professional Qualifications in leadership and other accredited courses.
- Enjoy our modern staff room, offering a comfortable environment with free refreshments.
- Our highly visible senior leadership team is there to support you throughout the school day, along with a collaborative team of colleagues within the department and across the school.
- As a staff member, benefit from our employee assistance program, offering services such as physiotherapy, 24/7 GP access, and personal or professional advice on legal, health, finance, wellbeing, and more.
- Benefit from well-resourced departments and shared teaching resources.
- Experience Energise and Engage Weeks throughout the year, where no meetings take place. These dedicated weeks prioritise personal professional development, support work-life balance, and allow for an early finish on designated days.
- Enjoy additional perks like free on-site parking, flu jabs, childcare vouchers, gym discounts, a cycle-to-work scheme, and much more.
- We offer a very generous pension scheme with an impressive employer contribution and life assurance of at least three times your salary.
This is not an exhaustive list, but just some of the reasons to be a proud member of Pontefract Academies Trust, Carleton High School, and our community!
The Headteacher is always thrilled to connect with potential applicants before interviews. If you're curious to learn more or would like to experience the warmth of our wonderful school through a visit, please feel free to reach out at email@example.com or give us a call at 01977 781555.
Please click here to view our 2022 – 2025 Trust Strategic Plan, or click here to access Carleton High School’s website. To arrange a visit to the school, or for further information on the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01977 781555. Please click here to access our website and submit your application on our Face-Ed system no later than 10:00am on Monday 26th February 2024.
We are an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and pre-employment checks. Shortlisted applicants will also be asked to provide a self-declaration form.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
This school accepts applications through their own website, where you may also find more information about this job.
Visas cannot be sponsored.