- Grade 5, £19,698 - £20,903 FTE per annum (Pro Rata Term Time salary £16,654 - £17,673 per annum)
Science Technician job summary
We are currently looking to appoint a permanent Science Technician to our school. Applications are invited from candidates with suitable and appropriate laboratory and science experience to join our team. Under the guidance of the Headteacher and senior staff you will provide technician support across the school. Your base will be at Kidsgrove
If you have experience of working in a science/laboratory environment, can support and lead others then we would welcome an application from you.
You should be educated to NVQ 3 in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities or other equivalent qualification/experience.
You will have an extensive standard of practical knowledge and will be able to work constructively as part of a team. You should be self-motivated, highly organised and reliable, able to comply with instructions and safety requirements and have a dedicated work ethic. You will work alongside teaching and support staff, supporting the full range of school
science systems and policies. This role provides an excellent opportunity for a candidate to demonstrate their acquired skills and knowledge and also develop their career in a growing multi academy trust.
• Attend lessons and assist teaching staff with demonstration lessons and practical’s when required.
• Set up and try out experiments before lessons, assessments and examinations to ensure that they work.
• Prepare complex practical experiments for science practical experiments.
• Plan and lead intervention sessions for small groups of students.
• Support the Trust and collaborate with others in relation to science expertise.
• Assist in the development of lessons/workplans
• Maintainance of stock and breakage records, catalogues and user manuals.
The Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your employment:
• An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme / Teachers Pension
• Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (28 days holiday rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service + Paid Bank Holidays)
• Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
• Cycle to work scheme
• Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Kidsgrove Secondary School is dedicated to the safeguarding and wellbeing of students; all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening including Enhanced DBS check.
Please click on the following link to refer to SET Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
Applying for the job
Please ensure that your application form is sent to
Download an application form - 82 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Kidsgrove Secondary School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- School size
- 266 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
The Kidsgrove Secondary School is a secondary academy located in Kidsgrove, Staffordshire, providing high-quality education to pupils aged 11–16 years.
Kidsgrove is an academic Academy with a strong reputation for the care and guidance we provide for all our pupils. Success is celebrated in the knowledge that this will encourage greater achievement in the future, underpinned by our educational vision.
We continuously strive to provide a stimulating and exciting environment that fosters high expectations and aspirations. Parents and families are welcome to visit the Academy, by arrangement, to see for themselves the quality of education and support we offer pupils.