Are you looking for your next step in teaching? We are looking for a qualified, experienced teacher to join Harris Academy Rainham as 2iC of MFL .
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree
- Have a minimum of one year's teaching experience
Have proven success in raising achievement.
Show a high level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement
Have recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum development
Show good understanding of creative whole school strategies for improving literacy and numeracy and the importance of this in raising achievement
Have experience of embedding innovative strategies for Assessment for Learning and Learning to Learn.
Be willing to use coaching as a model for ensuring on-going professional development.
- Have a proven ability to identify and implement strategies to raise standards of Teaching and Learning.
Harris Academy Rainham is a very popular and oversubscribed 11-16 academy which is part of the Harris Federation. We joined the Federation in September 2016 and there are exciting times ahead.
What makes us different:
- Our values are at the centre of our school and aren't simply a slogan on a website.
- We have a firm but fair approach to behaviour. This is built on the use of consistent routines and teaching our students how to behave.
- We deliver a knowledge rich curriculum that is developed by our staff to meet the needs of our students. The knowledge we teach takes our students beyond their everyday experiences and enables them to see the world differently.
- Our leaders are role models, they lead by example, admit mistakes, welcome opinions and love honest conversations.
- We are a staff united against educational disadvantage with a fierce determination to show our students the world beyond Havering.
What we can do for you:
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
- Great career progression both within our Academy and the Federation.
- Excellent professional development opportunities. As a Leading edge school we have been recognised as being at the forefront of educational thinking and research is central to all we do.
- Meaningful measures to manage workload – no graded observations, early finish on a Friday, no onerous marking requirements but sensible feedback policies.
- Bespoke support and line management from excellent leaders across the school.
- Opportunities for fantastic professional growth as the school develops a sixth from.
- A school where subjects are ‘front and centre' of all we do. The subject determines our pedagogy.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To deputise for the Subject
Coordinator, assisting in leading the creation and establishment of outstanding
provision within the subject area.
- To be accountable for student
progress and development in the subject area across KS3, KS4 and post 16,
including meeting student achievement targets for subject areas which are
agreed by the Principal and the Governing Body.
- To ensure high standards of teaching
and learning across the subject area through continuously, developing and
enhancing the quality of teaching and learning.
- To ensure the provision of an
appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for
students in the subject area.
- To ensure that all school policies
and procedures are implemented and applied consistently by all staff in the
- To ensure agreed tutor programme is
implemented and that tutors are effective in their role.
- To effectively and efficiently manage
and deploy teaching/support staff, financial and physical resources across the
- To lead development for literacy,
within subject areas, to raise standards of Literacy across the academy.
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under
the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning
(including contributing to the subject and faculty improvement plans, and
assisting in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of
work, marking policies, assessment and teaching strategies)
- Ensuring the delivery of an
appropriate, comprehensive, high quality and cost effective curriculum and
leading development of the subject and its delivery
- Staff development (including
assisting in recruiting, building and managing an effective team of motivated
- Student outcomes (including assisting
the director in ensuring the effective operation of target setting, monitoring
and evaluation systems and the input and maintenance of accurate student data)
- Pastoral system (including being a
form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, including acting as an
outstanding role model
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps