Inner London Main/Upper Pay Scale + TLR2B £4,776
Do you aspire to be a talented, dynamic and ambitious teacher?
Do you have a real passion and desire to enthuse pupils with your own love of your subject?
Are you interested and committed to evidence based teaching and learning?
If yes, then we would like to offer you the opportunity to work with us here at St Matthew Academy, at this exciting time on our journey to becoming a great school. The recent Ofsted inspection (Autumn 2019) judged the Academy to be ‘Good’ across all areas and recognised the improvements made in all aspects.
We are looking to appoint a 2i/c who is an outstanding PE teacher with high expectations, who has a passion for developing their pupil’s potential as well as taking on additional responsibilities in the post. The ability to teach girls’ PE is required. This post is suitable for a teacher that can contribute to the continuing development of the curriculum across all Key Stages and is an inspirational and collaborative leader with a ‘can-do’ attitude. It is expected that the successful candidate will consistently plan and deliver outstanding lessons. The right candidate will be an excellent teacher with strong subject knowledge, high expectations and have experience of teaching GCSE PE and/or BTEC Sport Level 2.
The successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about enabling every child to exceed expectations
• An enthusiastic and successful teacher
• Committed to ensuring high expectations for pupils, staff and themselves
• Well organised, an excellent communicator and keen to take an active role in academy life
• In sympathy with our Catholic ethos
• Fantastic pupils with enormous potential
• Staff who are supportive to each other and enjoy working collaboratively
• Personalised programme of professional development and coaching for all staff including a highly rated IMPACT programme for Newly Qualified Teachers
• A modern building, in a delightful setting and excellent resources
• Excellent public transport and road links across London and Kent
• Fully equipped gym and fitness suite, Season Ticket Loan, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle-to-work scheme, Tech Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme
• A strong commitment to staff well-being
Our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day.
Applying for the job
Your application is a direct permanent application to St Matthew Academy. To apply, please request an application form from Ellie Field at email@example.com or call Ellie on 0207 259 8770 for more information. Your application is a permanent application to our school (not through agency), Hays is our recruitment partner for all permanent appointments.
Academy, Roman Catholic
Primary, Secondary, 16-19
946 pupils enrolled
4 to 16
About St Matthew Academy
St Matthew Academy is a diverse, vibrant Catholic all-through academy for girls and boys aged 4 to 16, where there are high expectations for everyone in our community. At St Matthew Academy our school motto is ‘let your light shine’ and we ensure that we live this vision every day at the academy by encouraging, promoting and celebrating success with all of our pupils in everything that they do. Our academy is situated between Blackheath and Lewisham in South East London, benefiting from excellent public transport and road links to all parts of London and Kent. Our magnificent buildings offer state of the art resources and the latest technology. Our primary and secondary phases are situated on one site allowing a truly unique all through setting with opportunities for transition, collegiate working and subject development.