Second in Department - ICT/Computing
This job expired on 19 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
19 March 2023 at 11:59pm
6 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 per week
TLR2a - £3017
What skills and experience we're looking for
In the role of Second in Department for ICT/Computing you will:
- Play an active role in the co-leading of ICT/Computing to ensure outstanding outcomes for students in all areas of teaching and learning, curriculum provision, standard of attainment and behaviour and safety within the curriculum area
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Department to provide a vision for developing ICT/Computing across the curriculum
- Provide and showcase highly engaging, relevant and innovative learning opportunities at all key stages to ensure students make exceptional progress in ICT/Computing and are provided with the key skills they need to be successful in both the academy and their future lives
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning through your own practice and through the leadership of others
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy and Trust policies
Visits to the academy would be warmly welcomed by appointment. Please contact the academy on 01274 776200 if you would like to arrange a visit.
What the school offers its staff
Hanson serves the population of North Bradford incorporating the communities of Eccleshill, Idle, Wrose, Bolton Woods and Undercliffe, and provides access to all day learning opportunities for our families and our community.
Hanson is a larger than average 11 to 19 mixed comprehensive school with a good reputation in the City of Bradford. We have 1570 students on roll including 290 in the sixth form. We are committed to ensuring that talent is nurtured in a safe, orderly and stimulating learning environment. We believe that every child does matter and that by becoming fully involved in their learning, they will get the most out of their time with us and that their learning experiences will be both enjoyable and successful. We are immensely proud of the achievements of all our students and enjoy celebrating them as a school community.
There is a huge emphasis on high academic and personal achievement. We are committed to raising standards of achievement for all students and provide extra support for students throughout the educational spectrum. Hanson is a happy and supportive school which offers a range of educational, social and cultural opportunities to all its young people.
We offer an extensive range of opportunities, incentives and benefits with this post including:
- Membership of the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) (opt out available)
- Access to the Delta benefits website with discounts on retailers, holidays, days out, etc.
- Access to Cycle to Work scheme, car leasing and technology scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance helpline for free and confidential advice
- Training and development opportunities
For more information and to apply for this position please visit our website at Careers with Delta • Delta Academies Trust (deltatrust.org.uk)
Further details about the role
In accordance with DfE Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022, an online search will be completed on all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. Any relevant information will be discussed further with the applicant during the recruitment process.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. However, it is important to note that if we receive a high volume of applications, we may limit the numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
Connect with us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/delta-academies-trust/
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/deltatrustjobs
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Hanson Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- Up to 1788 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01274 776200
Arranging a visit to Hanson Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
The King's School
Mill Hill Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 4JF
North Chadderton School
Chadderton Hall Road, Oldham, Lancashire, OL9 0BN
Ossett Academy and Sixth Form College
Storrs Hill Road, Ossett, West Yorkshire, WF5 0DG
Ring Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS16 5AG
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Bradford and West Yorkshire